Options

Passed 70-640

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
Failed my first attempt couple weeks ago with 617. Passed it this morning with 720. Today's exam seemed easier. I thought I would pass with a higher score, but a pass is a pass so I won't complain. On to 70-642.
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass, what stuydy material did you use?

And whats your background? I have never supported large environments, and therefore I am struggling quite a bit with AD CS, AD RMS and AD FS. The Ruest's writing style in the MS press book does not help much either. icon_sad.gif
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Dracula28 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, what stuydy material did you use?

And whats your background? I have never supported large environments, and therefore I am struggling quite a bit with AD CS, AD RMS and AD FS. The Ruest's writing style in the MS press book does not help much either. icon_sad.gif

I watched the cbt nugget series. Didn't really like the instructor. Found it mildly useful. Read the Sybex and Exam Cram books (found Sybex to be better) and used the practice labs and exams from the MS Press book.

As for background, I'm the IT department for a small tech company. Been doing this since late last year. Basically thrown in the deep in of the pool. Had to learn to swim pretty quick.
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Pretty impressive.
  • Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
  • Options
    ITLady81ITLady81 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good work sir!

Was Power Shell part of this exam?
    The more I read about peoples experiences with the 640 I don't hear much about PowerShell... now wondering if I should dedicate as much as I have learning scripts, commands and switches, cmdlet's and so on...
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63 wrote: »
    Good work sir!

Was Power Shell part of this exam?
    The more I read about peoples experiences with the 640 I don't hear much about PowerShell... now wondering if I should dedicate as much as I have learning scripts, commands and switches, cmdlet's and so on...

I would focus on knowing the basic commands.
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats...icon_cheers.gif
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON