WGU looking for IT Course Mentor

EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
Came across this just browsing around today....
Course Mentor IT (Networking) jobs - Dice.com

Seriously... $45k-$65k for a position they are saying they prefer a doctorate for, and require a masters?

I guess working from home could be a big benefit, and it does seem like they're looking for someone with more of a teaching background, so only loosely IT related, but still...

Comments

• -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    Interesting. I always wondered what they make. $45k seems pretty low for requiring a masters though.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    From what I understand, some of them hold other jobs as well as the Mentor one. I know a few who i've talked to go this route.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hypntick wrote: »
    From what I understand, some of them hold other jobs as well as the Mentor one. I know a few who i've talked to go this route.

I think most work on the side. I know of someone that works a job and teach at two online universities on the side. icon_wink.gif
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Just remember that is a course mentor and not a student mentor. I would think a course mentor would have more time compared to a student mentor who has to make 80+ calls a week.
    WGU grad
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Thanks for posting yet another reason to get at least one master's under my belt! I start in July!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting yet another reason to get at least one master's under my belt! I start in July!

At WGU? I start the MSIA in July too, high fives all around! :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    colemic wrote: »

No, at American Sentinel University, where I got my bachelor's from.

If I get a second Master's, it will definitely be at WGU.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    colemic wrote: »
    I started mine this month. The Graduate version of Organizational Management is kicking my ass at the moment...heh.