Advice wanted 4 a Part time job

Hey folks

I am from sydney - Olympic City icon_wink.gif (Australia) and currently in 2nd year in Bachelor of science in IT. As i planned that when i will get CCNA certification i will apply for a part time/Casual job to gain some experience.

But things dint go according to plan (as usual) and i was able to pass just CCNA intro and failed ICND (once-dint go for the second time yet - coz of course workload at Uni).And i dont have any previous job experience in IT (I worked at McDonald's though 6 months ago icon_wink.gif )

So i planned enough of these McDonald's Job and i want some IT job for experience... How much money i get is not that important at this point of time.

And some time i think or career change. I would like to join NSW police after i finish my Bachelor's in IT as firstly there is a job gaurantee throughout life...and fixed + nice salary where as in IT anyday my boss can come and tell me "pack your bags - company closes tomorrow " or "you are fired".

I know you people out there have real life experiences. So any advice would be helpful. :)

thanks
:santa:

Comments

• infamousinfamous Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    why not try to get into IT and if that fails turn to the police job as a backup?

you might have to start out doing helpdesk/entry level stuff for a few years until you increase your skills/experience...if you are having trouble landing a paid job doing helpdesk, have you considered volunteering?
  • sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    infamous wrote:
    why not try to get into IT and if that fails turn to the police job as a backup?

you might have to start out doing helpdesk/entry level stuff for a few years until you increase your skills/experience...if you are having trouble landing a paid job doing helpdesk, have you considered volunteering?

I havent considered volunteering YET.... but for the paid job everywhere i apply either i get no response or "this position is already filled" . Thats y i am fed up of IT job hunt and wanted a career change after i finish my Bsc In IT.
    :santa: