Options

Sims

Mikey82Mikey82 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a question about the sims on the actual test are they actually graphical - point and click sims or put choose these items from a list and put them in the correct order sims?

:)

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No sims on the 270

There may be questions that are not multiple choice, such as drag these items over here. But I don't think these are widely used on the xp exams.

There will be sims on the 290, 291, 293, 294 however. On these, it is almost like you are seated in front of a windows computer (except that some menus have been disabled to keep the performance requirements lower. This benefits you so that you can't get too far off task. The Server2008 exams have full simulations where you are almost sitting in front of a virtual machine.)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Brilliant thanks. I have my 70-270 test tomorrow. Its a kind of tester exam aswell as my first one. Didnt know what to use to study. I used the ms press book an read the whole xp resource book.

Will see how it goes.

Thanks
    Mike
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mikey82 wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks. I have my 70-270 test tomorrow. Its a kind of tester exam aswell as my first one. Didnt know what to use to study. I used the ms press book an read the whole xp resource book.

Will see how it goes.

Thanks
    Mike

That is a good way to go. It might be a little too late for you with the exam being tomorrow, but there are practice questions out there to help you determine where your study as well as to prepare you for what you are going to see.

Be very careful with these. Some of these like testout and my favorite, Transcender, are great. Others steal real test questions and focus on memorizing questions and answers rather than knowing and understanding concepts. These are considered **** and are cheating.

When in doubt if something is legit or not, ask. Otherwise you could find yourself black sheeped in the industry and could have your certifications taken away.

Good luck
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    There are about 300 q's in the ms test. I was using these. and the ones on this site. I have been in the IT industry for 10 years. My company do not want to sponser me for any exams and i have just got round to doing this one. Hopefully it will kick me into doing more and faster. :)

I agree with you i dont like these exam crams. The fill the IT industry up with no gooders so people like us find it harder to get a job.

Thanks your your input.
  • Options
    passed with an 807 :D
  • Options
    vitaloverdosevitaloverdose Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey mikey thats great that you have passed.

Im finding the 'drag and put in the right order' questions the hardest to get right. It worries me on how many of these there will be in the exam icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    I had none. i have heard they do come up though. There are quite a few in the 70-270 Ms training kit so i recommend working on those before trying the test