Options

I need assistance in the activity: Capturing and Analyzing Network Traffic

MajdolinMajdolin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello,
I need to turn in these packet tracer labs. Please if somebody have videos or FAQ step by step help me urgently.
Thanks.

Lab Url:
http://webdesign.gischools.org/Cisco-DiscoveryIII/Module1/1.2.2%20capturing%20and%20analyzing%20network%20traffic.pdf

Comments

• Options
    billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    My eye sight may not be the best, but following your link, your homework assignment seems to contain step by step instructions detailing exactly what you have to do.

Have you even attempted it?
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    These aren't Packet Tracer labs, they must be done with real PC's. You can't run Wireshark within Packet Tracer.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you do attempt this in packet tracer, you can view packets via simulation mode.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    concur with the above responses

Your lab manual specifically outlines the procedure and lists the following hardware
    The following resources are required:
    • Cisco 2960 switch or other comparable switch
    • Two Cisco 1841 or comparable routers with minimum one serial and one fast Ethernet interface
    • Two Windows-based PCs, one with a terminal emulation program. Use one PC as the host, and use the other as the server.
    • RJ-45-to-DB-9 connector console cable to configure the routers
    • Two straight-through Ethernet cables
    • One crossover Ethernet cable
    • Access to the PC command prompt
    • Access to PC network TCP/IP configuration

You certainly won't be able to complete this lab using packet tracer 5.3

You might be able to pull it off using GNS3 and a couple virtual machines.
    However, if this is a lab for school, you should approach your instructor about the unavailability of the listed resources.
    Maybe the hardware is available, or maybe he has a powerpoint somewhere with instructions on how to sim this.
    Make him earn some of that teaching $$$ !
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    How about doing your own homework!?? You don't really expect anyone else to 'urgently' do it for you because you left it to the last minute do you?
  • Options
    -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    I don think you can use wireshark with packet tracer
  • Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    -DeXteR- wrote: »
    I don think you can use wireshark with packet tracer

With packet tracer no. But should be possible through GNS3 via a loop back cloud interface. Though I've never tested it myself. Given the OP request for help I suspect GNS3 would be too advanced a step. Best they stick to real lab equipment :)
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)