Options

70-642 Question.

HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
I am currently working on my CCENT for WGU. I was planning on sitting the test this weekend, but work issues came up and have forced me to push back until the 4th. Now my question is this, since I feel 100% on the Cisco right now, would moving directly into 70-642 be a good idea? Even bypassing the 70-640?
WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.

Comments

• Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Other people have recommended taking 642 before 640 so I think that is a good path. I found the CCNA to be helpful for 642 (I was able to skip some of the material, like subnetting), so I think CCENT will help, too. I still took 640 first, though. Unless you spent a really long time on the 640 (I spent a month on it), you wouldn't forget anything that would be useful on 642.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just to echo what the Moose said, go for the 642. With your CCENT knowledge, the 642 should be easier than the 640, moreso if you dont have too much experience with AD.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Just to echo what the Moose said, go for the 642. With your CCENT knowledge, the 642 should be easier than the 640, moreso if you dont have too much experience with AD.

Yeah I didn't want the info to stagnate in my head. I really don't do a ton of networking stuff at work as it is. I mostly do AD, group policy and things of an admin nature at work.

Thanks for the advice guys, requested the resources to start up 70-642. Going to intersperse the next 2 weeks with that and CCENT review.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.