Options

about to take it my 3rd time

PawNtheSandmanPawNtheSandman Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I am about to take it my 3rd time.

I took a 2 week class, read the Microsoft Book, read the Exam Cram book, aced all the practice questions from both. Aced the free questions on numerous sites, did Transcender, and failed by 90 my first time and 46 my second time.

The first time I took it, it was 40 questions, 15 of which were simulation. The second time, it was again 40 questions, only about 5 of which were simulation. I been told there is anywhere from 600-1000 question pool now that MS is adding tons of new simulation questions.

This test is kicking my ass.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I know what to do in real world, but I guess I can't do things the Microsoft way on the test.
Currently Studying: CCNA

Comments

• Options
    RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
    Third time! icon_eek.gif Is it that hard?

Now I'm a little worry. This will be my first time studying for it!

What can I expect from the exam?
  • Options
    PawNtheSandmanPawNtheSandman Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From my extensive experience icon_redface.gif

the only thing they seem to want to know about shadow copies, is when to enable or disable it when files fail to be backed up during a backup.

giving permissions to various groups/users without giving too much permission

know how to do backups using the backup utility, know how to backup and restore a DC. Know the difference between incremental and differential backups.

lots of questions about terminal services, remote connections

and TONS of drag and drop/point and click "simulation" questions with tons of chances to screw up in a single question. IE: Put in correct order the steps to restore an asr backup on a failed domain controller. Just interactive questions with like 5-7 forms to fill out in 1 question.

I failed my second time by probably 2 questions which blows. There is only so much you can do to study for this. I think it is the luck of the draw with questions. The old tests were all multiple choice, but all the new ones are getting away from ABCD and more towards point, click, drag, fill in form box where it is so easy to screw up.
    Currently Studying: CCNA
  • Options
    awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    read that u need to know Net intf and AD b4 u should try thisas some mcp questions intermix as some of the question intermix

basically, if uwere doing a mcse - do the server exam last as some knowledge is borrowed from these other exams!