Options

Subnetting Guide

in3din3d Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,
I want to make it CLEAR that this guide was all done with the help of Chris Bryant from TS. I am using his examples and I want to give that credit up front. Please let me know what you guys think.

I am trying to study for my CCENT and got kind of intimidated especially when i got to the subnetting part. It really isn't as bad as you think!

I understand that there are different posts here that explain it but i wanted to contribute still. I wrote up a guide really to help myself understand it better to study this weekend but I thought that I would share it.

Took me quite a long time to type it up and this was after i viewed the videos several times so i actually understand it now. Just need the practice! Let me know if theres anything i should correct but i have looked it over.

I truly hope this helps someone.

Click Here to Download

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LazydogLazydog Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    File is not showing up properly for me. How did you create the PDF?
    --

Regards
    Robert

Smile....... it increases your face value!
  • Options
    Lazydog wrote: »
    File is not showing up properly for me. How did you create the PDF?

I saved it as a pdf from the my word document. It opens up fine for me on my laptop and another pc I tested.

Does it open then the text doesn't look right? Or its not opening at all? I did have to rasterize the pdf to get it to a size where i could upload it here (for convenience) because the original file was 321k.

I tried reducing it without rasterizing it but the size wouldnt get any smaller.
  • Options
    amb1s1amb1s1 Member Posts: 408
    in3d wrote: »
    I saved it as a pdf from the my word document. It opens up fine for me on my laptop and another pc I tested.

Does it open then the text doesn't look right? Or its not opening at all? I did have to rasterize the pdf to get it to a size where i could upload it here (for convenience) because the original file was 321k.

I tried reducing it without rasterizing it but the size wouldnt get any smaller.

It opens, but the text does't look right.
    David G.
    http://gomezd.com <
    My Tshoot test Blog
    http://twitter.com/ipnet255
  • Options
    Ok, I have re-uploaded the pdf and added a link on my first post . The text will show up fine now. Was trying to compress it enough to upload here so you don't have to bother with all the popup and ads on these free file hosting sites. Ah well.
  • Options
    Yeah, the texts isn't right. Maybe you could host the original somewhere and post a link to it? If you cannot then send it to me and I'll host it and give you a link to it.
    --

Regards
    Robert

• Options
    lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The original and current link both work fine for me with Adobe Reader X and Nitro PDF reader.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Lazydog wrote: »
    Yeah, the texts isn't right. Maybe you could host the original somewhere and post a link to it? If you cannot then send it to me and I'll host it and give you a link to it.

Hi Lazydog, I replaced the attachment with a link on my first posts so everything should be fine now.

Thanks for checking it out everyone!
  • Options
    Looking good. Thnx!!
    --

Regards
    Robert