Passed 70-686

pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
Passed 70-686 today. 880/1000. Got the first MCITP under the belt now.

Tossing up if I should go for the Windows 7 trifecta (70-685) or start on the 2008 server track? any thoughts?

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Which OS do you deal with at work? I'd make the choice based on that.

Congrats on the pass!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • TechZillaTechZilla Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pzero wrote: »
    Tossing up if I should go for the Windows 7 trifecta (70-685) or start on the 2008 server track? any thoughts?

I personally would move on to the Server certs. I think that that the 680 and 686 should be plenty to show your knowledge of Windows 7. I would move on to Server 08. That's what I plan on doing once I am finished with the 686.

Great job, and congrats.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Passing the 685 should be fairly trivial since you already have the other two under your belt. The topics seemed to overlap at least when I was looking at all three.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    i say go for the second mcitp.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    Passed 70-686 today. 880/1000. Got the first MCITP under the belt now.

How much time did it take? Roughly how many questions? Was it more pick an answer type test or almost lab sim like?

thanks!
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    There were 55 questions, cant recall exactly how long your allocated. Something like 2 hrs I think. I used up just over an hour.
  • XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    There were 55 questions, cant recall exactly how long your allocated. Something like 2 hrs I think. I used up just over an hour.

Thanks. Nice work, Congratz on the passing!
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."