Options

Virtual box windows 2008 r2

foxhenryfoxhenry Banned Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi guys, i tried to install windows 2008 r2 on a virtul box but during the installation under the virtual box during the windows 2008 r2 installation it's asking the drivers? but where to find the drivers?
any ideas guys? please help.. the installer for windows 2008 r2 i downloaded from microsoft sitre..
please help..thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    What drivers is it asking for? I use Virtual Box myself, and have never been asked for any drivers. I always disable audio and usb support as I am not going to use any of it anyway.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    Dracula28 wrote: »
    What drivers is it asking for? I use Virtual Box myself, and have never been asked for any drivers. I always disable audio and usb support as I am not going to use any of it anyway.

i'm stuck on this window..please check attached file. thanks.
    vb1.jpg 22.2K
  • Options
    any ideas guys, why it's asking "select the drivers to be installed" could it be the problem of the installer? if happened after the install now window. please help. thanks.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It could be a corrupt install ISO, but I think there may be a misconfiguration on the disk settings for the VM. What OS type did you choose when you created the VM? If you chose "Windows 2008 (64 bit)" it should configure the VM appropriately and you won't need any special drivers to do the install.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    iSpaZZZiSpaZZZ Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It could be a corrupt install ISO, but I think there may be a misconfiguration on the disk settings for the VM. What OS type did you choose when you created the VM? If you chose "Windows 2008 (64 bit)" it should configure the VM appropriately and you won't need any special drivers to do the install.

Agreed, VB uses virtual hardware that has drivers that are inbuilt to windows, so don't require disks etc
    [40%] CCNA
    [10%] MCSA / MCITP:SA < WHICH one?
    [2%] RHCE < what I WANT to do!
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Or he might just simply be choosing "load driver" when you are asked to select which disk/partition you want to install Windows on.

foxhenry, are you doing that?

Ah ok, just read that its happening after the "install now" window. Just ignore my question.

But you really don't need any drivers when creating and installing Win2k8 Server Vms on virtualbox. I've installed both Win2k8 and R2 just fine, without being asked for any drivers.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    jbm45jbm45 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I encoutered these problem about a month ago trying to setup my VM of server 08 R2 on VB. What I did was tried to setup a copy of just 08 and once it read the drives stopped and tried 08 R2 again. I think the message has something to do with not being able to see the drive for the VM and not device drivers. But no matter, thats what worked for me. Hope that helps.
  • Options

Hi MentholMoose, i guess you're right it was the ISO that was corrupted. I burn a new one and it's works just fine. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, for all your replies..the culprit was the ISO installer..i burn a new one and works like a charm.. :)