Options

From Desktop support to Wireless Networking

rizzo777rizzo777 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Just got a job at a company that specializes with RF/Microwave wireless technology. My job title is a IT Network Technician. Does anyone work with microwave wireless technology? I'm in for huge learning opportunity and finally got out of Desktop support. Thanks for all the support!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Are you dealing with wlc, wcs and ap's? Congrats
  • Options
    Ninja: I'm not 100% sure, I hope all of them. This is all new to me..
  • Options
    I recommend you get trainsignal and cbt nuggets video of cwna. Also, buy the cwna book. Those are pretty much fundamentals but it will help you to understand the technology.
  • Options
    I don't know if they use much cisco, but is the material in the studying material similar to others? like proxim etc?
  • Options
    I don't know what proxim is.

However, cwna is vendor neutral.

Furthermore, I haven't seen any wireless technology that is better than cisco when it comes to enterprise wireless.
  • Options
    Alright great.

Thanks for your advice, I will get the CBTs
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63