Options

MCITP:SA - Which Exam First??

iSpaZZZiSpaZZZ Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Peeps,

Well I have changed jobs, I am now in a much more MS Server admin type role. So a perfect opportunity to nail my MCITP:SA.

but what exam should I go for first? and why?

what have people found the best strategy?

Thanks Peeps :)
[40%] CCNA
[10%] MCSA / MCITP:SA < WHICH one?
[2%] RHCE < what I WANT to do!

Comments

• Options
    certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    iSpaZZZ wrote: »
    but what exam should I go for first? and why?

what have people found the best strategy?

There's no official exam to start with. You can take in any order you want. Most start off with 70-640 AD - Configuration. But it is up to you.
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I don't know the specs for MCITP:SA, but if you have to take a client exam TAKE IT LAST. The 70-680 exam seems to build a great deal on the Server 2008 material and config, etc...

Good luck.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm going to go the 70-642 first once i'm done with my CCENT. Figure I may as well make use of all the networking stuff before I forget it.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    iSpaZZZiSpaZZZ Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well i have noticed that the 646 has to be done after the other two (i think), so it's a choice of either AD or networking (essentially) for the first two exams.

I am doing a CCNA / CCENT like Hypntick is so i might go for the networking module first. Thats seems to fit in :D

unless there is a reason to do it another way around?
    [40%] CCNA
    [10%] MCSA / MCITP:SA < WHICH one?
    [2%] RHCE < what I WANT to do!
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    640 or 642 first (depends if you are strong on Active Directory or Networking), and 646 last as its a bit of an animal of an exam (very wide range of topics tested).