Options

MacOSX wifi woes

liven_v2.0liven_v2.0 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
High techexamers, I am back (Formerly Liven)!!!

Working for an all mac shop now and having weird wifi problems.

We were using airport for wifi for everyone but we grew to much and had to move to something "enterprise" grade.

We dropped in something from a major manufacturer and at first things were ok.

Shortly there after folks started having all kinds of roaming issues, and random disconnects.

The support for the manufacturer of the wifi setup has made DOZENS of tweaks, but the issues still persist.

I know 10.5.8 MAC had wifi issues but we are all on at least 10.6.6.

Does any one on this forum have experience with MAC and wifi?

Is there a wifi manufacturer that is known to work with MAC in an medium to large sized business?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    liven_v2.0 wrote: »
    High techexamers, I am back (Formerly Liven)!!!

Working for an all mac shop now and having weird wifi problems.

We were using airport for wifi for everyone but we grew to much and had to move to something "enterprise" grade.

We dropped in something from a major manufacturer and at first things were ok.

Shortly there after folks started having all kinds of roaming issues, and random disconnects.

The support for the manufacturer of the wifi setup has made DOZENS of tweaks, but the issues still persist.

I know 10.5.8 MAC had wifi issues but we are all on at least 10.6.6.

Does any one on this forum have experience with MAC and wifi?

Is there a wifi manufacturer that is known to work with MAC in an medium to large sized business?

Thanks

What have you done to try to diagnose or pinpoint the issue? Are these machines imaged? Have you tried a fresh OS install? What manufacturer are you using? What model of Mac?

For future use - it is spelt Mac not MAC. MAC = Media Access Control. Being an all Mac shop that would be a good thing to know icon_wink.gif. lol
  • Options
    liven_v2.0liven_v2.0 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    qcomer wrote: »
    What have you done to try to diagnose or pinpoint the issue? Are these machines imaged? Have you tried a fresh OS install? What manufacturer are you using? What model of Mac?

For future use - it is spelt Mac not MAC. MAC = Media Access Control. Being an all Mac shop that would be a good thing to know icon_wink.gif. lol

Trouble shooting: dozens (probably hundreds of hours on the phone with their support staff).

Replaced the controller 3 times (it is Aruba)

Upgraded Firmware.

Tried dozens of configuration, rf, channel, power, etc changes.

The issue happens with new and existing laptops.

I am looking for some one that has true knowledge of Mac OSX and knows how to make it play well with WIFI. If someone knows aruba even better.

Also, aruba sent the genius tech to my office. This guy flys around the world and does RF analysis. He had some crazy @ss expensive RF analyzer device. We did find that the G channel is very congested with tons of blue tooth, some phones and other WIFI APs. We have tweaked our system to use mainly A if G is not working.

Oh machines have also been re-imaged, pram, etc...