Options

Group permission to a Website

DerekAustin26DerekAustin26 Member Posts: 275
I am having trouble understanding how you do this!!!

How do you allow a group called "Group1" to be the only group to access a website? Nobody else can access it except Group1.

Setup authentication on the website?
Properties on Group1?
or... what?

Does anyone know how this is done? I appreciate it! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm going to go ahead and assume you're talking about IIS and Windows groups :P
    If so, this one will help:

How to configure IIS Web site authentication in Windows Server 2003
    This article describes how to configure Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Web site authentication in Windows Server 2003. You can configure IIS to authenticate users before they are permitted access to a Web site, a folder in the site, or even a particular document contained in a folder in the site.
    If you're not talking about IIS/Win auth, then please elaborate.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    Thank you for that, however this is related to Windows 7, so I'm sure that might work, but it should be something in windows 7. Any ideas?
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Is the website under your control? Or a site on the internet? Are you on a domain?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Thank you for that, however this is related to Windows 7, so I'm sure that might work, but it should be something in windows 7. Any ideas?

It would need to be a combination of parental controls with a web filtering add-in like something from Windows Live. If this is a requirement for a company, look at a product like Websense because you do not want to be managing this with software and accounts on each local workstation.
  • Options
    This is a practice question in the realm of 070-680 so it shouldn't have anything to do with a server. There should be some "fix" to satisfy this problem inside a Windows 7 desktop. I appreciate you guys for helping. :)

One of the possible answers is...
    -Setup Authentication
    -Modify NTFS Permissions (this may not be a complete answer)
    -modify permissions on \inetpl\system32\????\www root (dont remember the whole answer to this one)
    -Properties of Group1

This practice guide is strictly off memory and unfortunately I dont have access to it anymore. Hopefully this will help narrow down the issue. Thanks guys
  • Options
    I think I found the answer I was looking for here. Check this out

Group Access for a Website : The Official Microsoft IIS Site