Options

Anyone write 640-461 yet?

sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
Has anyone wrote this yet? I'm thinking about it, but without any exam prep it's hard to guage how prepared I am for it. I was involved our companies upgrade to 8.0 , so I've been through installing the O/S and am comfortable with day to day admin in Call Manager and Unity. I'm certainly not at a point where I can design a route plan from scratch, and I lack in the routing part of Unity.

Anyone have any input? Anyone find any legit practice questions? There are a few on Cisco's site now but they seem too easy.
Working on CCIE Collaboration:
Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015

Comments

• Options
    Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This makes me a bit sad.

My CCNA will expire early next year and I have decided to take a break from my MS Exam study and decided to complete my CCNA:Voice cert to refresh that side of things.

Not a big fan that the IIUC was canned before there are proper books/training material out for ICOMM, yet the prior exam has been cut. I now have to slow everything down before I move forward or flip back to the MS Side to continue down my cert path and finish my EA.

I hope some training that is a final release comes out soon.
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Miikey87 wrote: »
    This makes me a bit sad.

My CCNA will expire early next year and I have decided to take a break from my MS Exam study and decided to complete my CCNA:Voice cert to refresh that side of things.

Not a big fan that the IIUC was canned before there are proper books/training material out for ICOMM, yet the prior exam has been cut. I now have to slow everything down before I move forward or flip back to the MS Side to continue down my cert path and finish my EA.

I hope some training that is a final release comes out soon.

Have you picked checked out the old and new objectives? Have you started reading the old voice book? I'm not sure but maybe reading the old voice book will help out with studying some of the material until the new book comes out.

There's a date on amazon for the voice book. I'm not sure if its when the book is coming out but it says Aug 8 2011

Amazon.com: CCNA Voice 640-461 Official Cert Guide (2nd Edition) (9781587204173): Jeremy Cioara, Michael Valentine: Books
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    The new 640-461 text is available on Safari books online as a rough cut
  • Options
    sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    The new 640-461 text is available on Safari books online as a rough cut

Have you read it at all? I was thinking of signing up so I could read it, but I can't justify the $45/mth membership when this is the only thing I want to read. Especially when the book will be less than that on release.

I wonder how "rough" it is. I know all the study material at the end is missing. And as for studying the old IIUC book; it doesnt cover any of the CUCM 8 material, or configuring presence, and I think its lacking on unity content. So basically half the exam material is new to the book that hasnt been released.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015