Options

SharePoint 2010 Custom Workflow Actions - Very Cool

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I just wanted to share some of the items I have found on CodePlex that are making my life really easy here at work. The most important are the iLoveShaerPoint workflow activities, UsefulSPDWorkflowActivities/SiteWorkflowActivator, and SP2010WordAutomation. Basically I have been able to quickly build a workflow that automates and manages the "Process and Procedures" for our company. It allows a user to submit a request that a procedure or process be defined, autogenerates a doc ID by getting data from SQL Server - (can dynamically switch between states including multiple possibilities for rejection and approval in parallel) and once approved by sr. management is then converted to PDF and moved to the production library. On top of that using the Client Object Model I am building a slimmed down Silverlight UI that will show only the fields required depending on the user's role and the status the request is currently in.

If you use SharePoint 2010 check those projects out. The Execute SQL custom action for SPD makes the time it will take worth while all by itself.