Options

IT Company

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
Has anyone have hear of this company Insight Global?

Thanks
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yep, i did some work for them several years ago.. it was actually a very good contract they had me on
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've been contacted by them quite a few times for contract positions but never followed through with them. I believe they are legit though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    @keenon, how's your experienced with them?

@networker050184, I'm thinking the same thing. I just got a call from them about a position and it is a 1 city away from my home.
    Studying:
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thehourman wrote: »

Thanks

I did some W2 contract work with them; they’re accredited with the Better Business Bureau. I believe they’re a good company to work for.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @keenon, how's your experienced with them?

@networker050184, I'm thinking the same thing. I just got a call from them about a position and it is a 1 city away from my home.

it was actually very good. customer was great (i got alot of experience)
    and pay was good at the experience level i was at.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555

Thanks

They are a staffing company (middle-men) and I've had experiences with them in the past, none of which were particularly good but you can sometimes get lucky if you have in-demand skills. However, you should know before dealing with them that they will pull a lot of tricks to get you to sign for next to nothing because they work on commission and run their offices like used car lots. When I dealt with them, I usually had to go through several different employment agreements before they finally sent me something that was close to what was agreed upon in phone and e-mail discussions.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I know around here, Insight Global is great. Mostly contracts with Fortune 100/200 companies. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    vCole wrote: »
    I know around here, Insight Global is great. Mostly contracts with Fortune 100/200 companies. icon_thumright.gif

It really depends on which office you deal with as their contracts are mostly local though they do cast a wide net for some things if it's a big deal. The OP would likely be dealing with the same people I deal with since we live in the same region and Insight Global isn't the go-to company for the wanted IT jobs in this area, which are defense jobs and those go to people with clearances who are retained by other staffing agencies who focus on defense/government contracts. The primary clients of Insight Global in this area are low-end service providers who will usually rotate through temp-to-hire workers to avoid paying the costs of actually hiring anyone and contractors who need grunts for time-specific jobs like systems migrations and network infrastructure improvements. As odd as it sounds, the local Craigslist provides better leads for steady IT employment than what they are likely to get from Insight Global's local offices.
  • Options
    All I know is that they pay their employees weekly.
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    @waffles,
    The position is Desktop support, if I remember it right.
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    @waffles,
    The position is Desktop support, if I remember it right.

PM me with the details and I'll give you my two cents if it's one of the ones I previously worked on through them. For your sake, I really hope it's not but I'd rather have it on my conscience that I at least forewarned someone else if it was one of the ones that was nothing but trouble for me and others who got talked into working those jobs.
  • Options
    I spoke to the lady and she asked me some questions about what I do and stuff. Then at the very end she said the position is not available anymore. she could have said it at the beginning.
    I will pm you when I get home because im using my phone right now.
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    I spoke to the lady and she asked me some questions about what I do and stuff. Then at the very end she said the position is not available anymore. she could have said it at the beginning.
    I will pm you when I get home because im using my phone right now.

Yeah, that sounds like their usual quirky crap. I've heard that they have started dismissing candidates for things like not being employed in a specific job role within the past few months. I have been going through their current job postings after reading this thread and some of them are kinda shady and I know for a fact they don't have leads with some of the companies being advertised. It looks like they are just posting fake jobs to see who bites and what kind of resumes they can gather for possible upcoming jobs so they can build relationships with the employers who go to the big fish staffing agencies in this area. Some staffing agencies have been known to do that and it's really under-handed when they lead you on like that.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been contacted by them quite a few times for contract positions but never followed through with them. I believe they are legit though.

Likewise, I was contacted by them for a Helpdesk Support position....I was currently working though
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    Likewise, I was contacted by them for a Helpdesk Support position....I was currently working though
    How was it? Did you contact them?
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    Has anyone have heard of Fortitude System?
    Studying:
    Reading: