Options

Tod Lammle Sybex Practice tests

mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
How easy or hard or similar are the tests in the Sybex book compared to the real deal? I thought the Sybex ones were VERY easy. I know the real test has sims but what about the normal questions?

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    mark076h wrote: »
    How easy or hard or similar are the tests in the Sybex book compared to the real deal? I thought the Sybex ones were VERY easy. I know the real test has sims but what about the normal questions?

I would be interested in this too, but I'm not even good enough yet with the material yet to start doing practice tests. I know that there are some things I need to work on still. I should be ready to start doing practice tests next week (unless something comes up).
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My memory is fuzzy, but I remember the Sybex sample tests being helpful. Much more than MCTS series.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    JpgonzalJpgonzal Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't reached that point with the CCNA but as far as the network+ practice exams, I found them extremely useful. But honestly, I think practice exams from any reputable source can fill that need.

An important thing to remember and a rule of thumb I follow is to diversify your studies. Do the Sybex ones plus any others to can get your hands on to cover all the bases. (The way its worded, focus on topics etc)

With that said, I came across quite a few errors in the practice tests from Sybex for the network+. But, if you know the material, you should be able to spot them anyway yes? icon_cool.gif

It's a fact of life, errors are going to be found in any text. And Sybex has a list of known errors on their website anyway. But some of them were just really noticeable.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□

The questions in Todd's book are quite easy compared to the actual exam. Beware and be sure you know your stuff. You MUST lab up the topics at home before sitting the test.
  • Options
    Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im really not that big a fan of the sybex test engine since its nothing like the real test and i felt a lot questions lack that wonderful cisco wording that can trip someone up if there not use to it. If you have the Cisco Press book the exams that come with them give you a better idea of the style of the test questions and how there worded. However you can still use the sybex test to check your knowledge
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
  • Options
    mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
    Im really not that big a fan of the sybex test engine since its nothing like the real test and i felt a lot questions lack that wonderful cisco wording that can trip someone up if there not use to it. If you have the Cisco Press book the exams that come with them give you a better idea of the style of the test questions and how there worded. However you can still use the sybex test to check your knowledge

So the Boson exam is more realistic?
  • Options
    phobophilephobophile Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So the Boson exam is more realistic?

Most definitely. The Sybex questions at the end of each chapter are more for review of the chapter you just read, but are not indicative of the difficulty of the exam.

The Boson ExamSim is very close to what you will encounter on exam day.