Options

new addition to lab

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
today i finally got into my lab and worked.

i got my W2k server setup with PC anywhere (which is nice and works very fast considering i'm on 11mb to a 10mb switchport) and tftp server and both COM ports connected to the routers.

so currently lab is Cable>router> wireless router>1900 > then server and router ethernets connected all serial connections are done

2x2500 ver 12.2
1x 4700M soon to be on ver 12 Enterprise once flash is upgraded
1x3640 (hope to sell it soon or going to have to buy some parts)
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Uhm, small suggestion..

If you're running 2k server, yank that PC Anywhere crap and just install Terminal Services. It beats the snot out of PCAnywhere. RDP is one thing I'm quite happy with Microsoft about
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i was trying to run the term services but it wasn't working really well so i went with pcanywhere but i think it works great .... however i was concerned about installing to begin with b/c i installed it a few years ago when i was an admin on a new server and it crashed it ...lol :o
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Really? I've had TS running in admin mode for well over 2 years now with no probs. If you're using the terminal services client that 2k server includes, then yeah, it blows chunks, but if you're using XP's Remote Desktop conneciton or you install the RDP client on an older box, it rocks. Hell, I've got an RDP connection open to my home box all times while I'm at work so I anything I need to do that might be questionable (or viewed as goofing off) isn't done on the company's network hehe

I'm just very wary of any Symantec products outside of their AV and Ghost. I've had plenty of bad experiences with PCAnywhere. Hell, I'd install VNC before I installed PCAnywhere hehe
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=