Options

Just another passed exam post (ICND1)

CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sat for my ICND1 exam this past week and passed with a score of 912!! Even though it's only CCENT it was definitely a huge rush to pass. Honestly, I'd like the score to be a bit higher, but 900's isn't bad I guess.

I used Todd Lammle's CCNA, the Cisco Press book, and techexams.net material. Also, a shout out to those handy 3x5 note cards for helping me memorize certain topics.

Also, I'd like to give my advice for any aspiring "CCENT'ers" out there. Just my 2 cents to possibly guide you through your studies. I recommend reading the topics from different authors because some teach it different than others. Sometimes one method 'clicks,' whereas the other method doesn't. Try to drill it in from every direction. In addition, download packet tracer and get used to moving around the devices quickly, and know what information you can get with all the show commands. Alright, back to my ICND2 studies..
Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!

Comments

• Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sat for my ICND1 exam this past week and passed with a score of 912!! Even though it's only CCENT it was definitely a huge rush to pass. Honestly, I'd like the score to be a bit higher, but 900's isn't bad I guess.

I used Todd Lammle's CCNA, the Cisco Press book, and techexams.net material. Also, a shout out to those handy 3x5 note cards for helping me memorize certain topics.

Also, I'd like to give my advice for any aspiring "CCENT'ers" out there. Just my 2 cents to possibly guide you through your studies. I recommend reading the topics from different authors because some teach it different than others. Sometimes one method 'clicks,' whereas the other method doesn't. Try to drill it in from every direction. In addition, download packet tracer and get used to moving around the devices quickly, and know what information you can get with all the show commands. Alright, back to my ICND2 studies..

Congrats! You just killed it. I don't think I ever have score close to that when I passed mine on the second attempt. I hope I can kill the ICND2 when I take it.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with ICND2.
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    It's not a just anything! Well done and Congrats.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well done!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats on the pass!

Hah, 'Just another ...' Funny.

I guess it's good that it's not a big deal to you, as you studied so hard, you were apparently expecting to pass. Awesome.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    Congratulations. :)
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the pass!