Options

ppp authentication not covered in Cisco Press

mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
ppp authentication is not covered in the Cisco CCENT book but it is covered in Exam Cram and the Sybex book. So what is the deal with pp authentication is it covered on the exam?

Comments

• Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    check wendell odom's book, ICND 2 Chapter, chapter 12.
  • Options
    mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
    joneno wrote: »
    check wendell odom's book, ICND 2 Chapter, chapter 12.

I know but I am talking about ICND1/CCENT.
  • Options
    CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No, do not worry about ppp authentication for the ICND1 exam. It's part of the objectives for the ICND2 exam. I just passed CCENT last week and it's not part of it.
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    certgrabber is right.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No, do not worry about ppp authentication for the ICND1 exam. It's part of the objectives for the ICND2 exam. I just passed CCENT last week and it's not part of it.

Sorry, but this isn't very good logic. There are 53 exam topics listed for the CCENT (unless I miscounted), and 50 questions (minus the ungraded ones which might not even come out of the list of topics). Everybody is likely to not see something, and it's probably not going to be the same things for everybody.

As for the OP, always refer to the official exam blueprint, not us schmucks on the Internet. :D