Question on SSCP requirements

Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
Can anyone verify the requirements for the SSCP certification? The only domain where I reach the requirements for is access control but it doesn't state if you need specific job responsibilities. Would handling network accounts and file permissions be enough to qualify?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Repo Man wrote: »
    Can anyone verify the requirements for the SSCP certification? The only domain where I reach the requirements for is access control but it doesn't state if you need specific job responsibilities. Would handling network accounts and file permissions be enough to qualify?
    At least one year of professional work experience in at least one domain of the SSCP CBK will qualify. If you are just a Help Desk person that does nothing more all day than reset passwords, that should count as professional experience the Access Control domain. However, only the (ISC)2 can give you the official word if your personal work experience qualifies.
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is (ISC)2 relatively lenient on what type of work is considered to be part of a particular domain since IT work can be incredibly diverse? I never thought to consider your example before, that's very interesting to note.

Thanks.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Consider that the SSCP is a entry-level cert used to give people fresh out of college a chance to get a professional certification after only one-year of work. Many people who work IT jobs in college can get the SSCP before they graduate. The requirements for the SSCP are probably a little looser than for the CISSP, but as I said, only the (ISC)2 can make that determination.
  • Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    JDMurray wrote: »
    At least one year of professional work experience in at least one domain of the SSCP CBK will qualify. If you are just a Help Desk person that does nothing more all day than reset passwords, that should count as professional experience the Access Control domain. However, only the (ISC)2 can give you the official word if your personal work experience qualifies.

Appreciate the info. I create users/groups in AD and handle file permissions on shared drives so I'm hoping that will be enough to qualify.