Options

Written exam prep

ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
Wow look at me I'm posting in the big boy section icon_cheers.gif

Seriously now, today someone told me if you pass the CCNP and CCIP exams you might as well go ahead and take the IE written. Is that feasible? Or is more advanced study required?
Climb a mountain, tell no one.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ehnde wrote: »

Seriously now, today someone told me if you pass the CCNP and CCIP exams you might as well go ahead and take the IE written. Is that feasible? Or is more advanced study required?

Not enough in themselves. Get very aquainted with Odom's book and Bosen test preps. Also some reading from the recommended white papers.
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    ehnde wrote: »

You can certainly take it but I doubt you would pass. :)

Would probably be a good idea to study multicast as it's not covered in CCNP or CCIP.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
    I agree with the Multicast statement. I've been studying for the CCIE Written, and it has been my number one topic. I've spent more time on it than anything else. QoS is another topic I am really getting deep into, and plan to spend even more time on. I think those are probably the two most difficult topics for most people.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I don't feel at this point I even deserve to talk about the CCIE, but I plan to do the CCNP, CCIP, then do as Turgon said and read the Cisco Press book and probably some stuff from INE.

Good luck on your studies, and thanks for the replies!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    WHen I'm in CCIE mode I was using advanced technologies class with VOL 1.(during my R/S time) I found that I was able to answer the boson netsim questions much eaiser when I was exposed to the technologies and had hands on so I knew what to expect and how the protocols worked, followed up by the R/S book. For Voice I have done some the same thing, but there is no test bank for me to see if it works.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I actually thought the (old) ARCH exam was a good review for the CCIE R&S written (along with the knowledge from the CCNP/CCIP exams) -- I think that's where I picked up multicast.

Not sure how the new ARCH fits in with the ROUTE/SWITCH CCNP and CCIP for the current R&S written.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!