Options

Any good books on setting up printers in a Windows Network Environment?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I was wondering if there is a good book that goes over Windows Print and File servers. Something granular that could give you the conceptual knowledge of setting up printers in a Windows environment.

Mainly looking for training for my guys on printer set ups and how the whole process looks from input to output.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've never seen a book dedicated to printer sharing. There are books with in depth coverage of it, though. For example, Mastering Windows Server 2008 R2 from Sybex has a chapter (about 50 pages) on printer sharing.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    I've never seen a book dedicated to printer sharing. There are books with in depth coverage of it, though. For example, Mastering Windows Server 2008 R2 from Sybex has a chapter (about 50 pages) on printer sharing.

I'm thinking if I go over those 50 pages and create some documentation for them to go over that would probably be the best. Most of my guys aren't cert happy, they view it as work, so something condense and to the point would probably be the best option.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I always recommend TechNet for someone technical. Print Management

Or this one (has screenshots) Enterprise Print Management in Windows Server 2008, Part 1
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    I always recommend TechNet for someone technical. Print Management

Or this one (has screenshots) Enterprise Print Management in Windows Server 2008, Part 1

Thank you for your time. I appreciate the links they are filled with great information.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No problems, N2. TechNet is THE place for most things Microsoft. Best of all, it's from MS themselves and is accurate.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Most of my guys aren't cert happy, they view it as work

It is! :)
  • Options
    sherrill wrote: »
    It is! :)

True enough lol icon_lol.gif