# the line after "#" sign is my comment

ABCDEF corp.

we are a leading IT and Data comm company # said its true

needed : IT Engineer

requirement :
1. having a BS-IT
2. technical knowledge :
O/S : windows, linux
programming : ASP, PHP, JAVA, VB (all advanced level)
d-base : SQL, ORACLE
LAN/WAN : TCP/IP internetworking
+ software engineering know how.
+ project mgmt.
3. single, max age 26

# ps : approx. basic income : US$ 300-350/month
# anyone interested ?

and this one :

NETWORK ENGINEER

A Leading Information & Telecommunication System Integrator, invite qualified professional individuals for:

-Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Ability to work under pressure, independent, hard working, and Good Team work
- Able to work shift, over time
- Age up to 26 years old
- Have experience in Windows 2000 Server / Linux / Networking
- Minimum CCNP /MCSE certifications
- English capability is a must.

# approx. basic income : US$ 300-350/month
the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    LOL! Dude, I think thats like $2.00 an hour. Your missing the extra $30.00 an hour.
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    NETWORK ENGINEER

A Leading Information & Telecommunication System Integrator, invite qualified professional individuals for:

-Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, Computer Science, or equivalent.
    - Age up to 26 years old

# approx. basic income : US$ 300-350/month
    [/quote]

Translations:

Ability to work underpressurs, independant, blah blah - High tolerance for BS
    Able to work shift, over time - If the network goes out, you ain't going to bed. If the network goes out while you're in bed, you're getting out of bed
    English Capability is a must... pair that with basic income of 300-350 a month, and that tells me this job isn't in the USA, it's somewhere where 300-350 US is alot of money (that's less than half a paycheck for me) and probably not someplace I'd want to work :)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    I agree with Drakonblayde. That is ridiculous. Also, why is an maximum age of 26 a requirement. They don't do that in the US. (Unless I am blind).
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Did you note the single requirement in the first one? hehe They want folks with no distractions doing these jobs ;)

Actually the age and marital status restrictions are even better giveaways this is not a job on us soil. Lord knows that if any company tried that crap over here, they'd get their pants sued off.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    positive...

I LOVE I.T.
    $$$ is number 2,
    and after all - if I could do all the job by myself - why would I bother to get a job from someone else. icon_lol.gif

a quote from cisco's book : "Learning is A Serious Investment, Spend it wisely"
    a CCNP eq. 5 exam eq. how many $ ?
    a MCSE eq. 7 exam eq. how many $ ?
    but : experience - can you buy that?

and...
    how about my family, my wife - my kids??
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    definitely is in middle east or asia somewhere.. who ever would have contacted me about that job would have gotten a few choice words accompanied with dial tone and number blocked..
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    positive...

Where do you live? b/c the amount they are going to pay you CANNOT buy anything. In the states a bucket of sand will gross more in yearly wages than you.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    garv221 wrote:
    positive...

Where do you live? b/c the amount they are going to pay you CANNOT buy anything. In the states a bucket of sand will gross more in yearly wages than you.

your being well too mean icon_lol.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    where can I sign up for those jobs? sound really good to me..Oh Sh$t whats that a month you sure thats not a day?? even in asia you can get about $9000 a year!

Get real thats got to be some kind of joke hasnt it?
    we are a leading IT and Data comm company

leading what? the way to poverty!

Must be in Africa or something
    - Age up to 26 years old

hmm yeah ok then!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    heheheee,....
    please say hiiiii to my country... icon_lol.gif (btw, you dont want to know)
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I am glad I don't fit the age requirements.....If it were 300.00 a day..then they might be able to get my attention...maybe....I hope cost of living there is pretty low...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    That job is certainly not in California. There are many CA state laws to prevent employers from unreasonably discriminating based on age, sex, religion, or marital status. None of those factors matters in IT.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    please say hiiiii to my country...

Where is it?
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    hey guys... check the company's name out

ABCDEF corp. ?? who chooses a name like that for an IT company?

I think the guys playing an april fools hand on ya all man.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It least they are not asking for HVAC and Vending machine repair skills like I have seen in some "IT" job ads.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, average IT people get around 1200$ US per month. That is actually the more developed asia countrys.

My company have a branch in China we pay the RD's there 400$ a month. For the people living there, that pay actually isn't so bad.

Job is pretty tough here in Taiwan, company's would always want to save money and shift most of the work to China.

The only people making money around here are the manager and owner, that's it.
  • Options
    I was talking with an employment recruiter a few days ago about poorly written job requisitions. I do quite a bit of sifting through the postings on monster.com, dice.com, etc. I am amazed at the number of job listings that have very specific requirements that appear far down in the list of required skills, when instead they should be listed at the top of the req in bold letters. Here are some that I've seen:
      Must have specific certs (Cisco, Microsoft, CISSP, CISA, etc.) Must have specific degrees (MSEE, PhD. in math or economics, etc.) Must be fluent in a specific human language (Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc.) Must relocate (to Redmond, Dallas, Chicago, etc.) Mandatory travel
    Each of these requirements are critical factors in deciding to apply for the position, yet the human resource people that draft the job reqs will not consider them important enough to display prominently, or even place them near the top of the list.

Another thing that amazes me is when I go in for an interview and it turns out that the some of the "required" skills listed in the job req are not really important to the employer, and one or more of the "nice to have" skills listed is critical to getting the job.

I went in for an interview for a job that listed needed experience with every Microsoft OS technology on Earth. The last thing listed was "Java" (which I assumed to really be "JavaScript"). It turned out that the employer had no idea what half the things listed as "required" on their job req was (e.g., MTS, RDS, COM, MSMQ, ADO, SQLDMO, etc.) and they really needed a Java programmer that could also use Microsoft-based web technology (e.g., IIS, ASP, XML, HTML). A complete waste of my, and my recruiter's, time.
  • Options
    no,
    the ABCDEF corp is an AKA, i'm not going to write the real name here.
    but both of the advertising is true. i'm not kidding...
    hc2ab wrote:
    In Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, average IT people get around 1200$ US per month. That is actually the more developed asia countrys.

My company have a branch in China we pay the RD's there 400$ a month. For the people living there, that pay actually isn't so bad.

Job is pretty tough here in Taiwan, company's would always want to save money and shift most of the work to China.

The only people making money around here are the manager and owner, that's it.

you are almost there... icon_lol.gif
    i'm not making an April fool - it's true.
    and things get even worst when out source company dont know what they looking for : specific kind of job/worker and how much they must spend to get it. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    jdmurray wrote:
    I was talking with an employment recruiter a few days ago about poorly written job requisitions. I do quite a bit of sifting through the postings on monster.com, dice.com, etc. I am amazed at the number of job listings that have very specific requirements that appear far down in the list of required skills, when instead they should be listed at the top of the req in bold letters. Here are some that I've seen:
      Must have specific certs (Cisco, Microsoft, CISSP, CISA, etc.) Must have specific degrees (MSEE, PhD. in math or economics, etc.) Must be fluent in a specific human language (Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc.) Must relocate (to Redmond, Dallas, Chicago, etc.) Mandatory travel
    Each of these requirements are critical factors in deciding to apply for the position, yet the human resource people that draft the job reqs will not consider them important enough to display prominently, or even place them near the top of the list.

Another thing that amazes me is when I go in for an interview and it turns out that the some of the "required" skills listed in the job req are not really important to the employer, and one or more of the "nice to have" skills listed is critical to getting the job.

I went in for an interview for a job that listed needed experience with every Microsoft OS technology on Earth. The last thing listed was "Java" (which I assumed to really be "JavaScript"). It turned out that the employer had no idea what half the things listed as "required" on their job req was (e.g., MTS, RDS, COM, MSMQ, ADO, SQLDMO, etc.) and they really needed a Java programmer that could also use Microsoft-based web technology (e.g., IIS, ASP, XML, HTML). A complete waste of my, and my recruiter's, time.

that is the problem nowadays...
    they seems to just write everything down on the advertising, dont care how your brain got twisted just to memorize API for windows, kernel for linux etc...
    and like i said before - if i could do anything - why would i bother to get a job from someone else - i'll make my own company icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    and like i said before - if i could do anything - why would i bother to get a job from someone else - i'll make my own company icon_lol.gif
    Ah, I've said that myself. I don't do it because I realize that I am not a businessman. I have worked for several companies started by engineers who knew nothing about business. Engineers that either learned business or hired business people to run their company did well. Those that thought "business" was something that could be put off until later--or ignored it all together--failed.

I'm not interested in learning "business," so I'll always be working for other people, and I'm OK with that.