Options

Offered a position back in NJ

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was on vacation in NJ over the weekend where my family is. I been wanting to go back and leave Arizona. Well Friday was offered a really great position and I have alot of room for advancement. They want me to become completely Citrix Certified and Vmware Certified. It looks like all the hard work has finally paid off. I start June 20th. Leaving Arizona on June 14th.
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratz. It would take a lot for me to want to move back to NJ, but it sounds like you got exactly what you wanted.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I was on vacation in NJ over the weekend where my family is. I been wanting to go back and leave Arizona. Well Friday was offered a really great position and I have alot of room for advancement. They want me to become completely Citrix Certified and Vmware Certified. It looks like all the hard work has finally paid off. I start June 20th. Leaving Arizona on June 14th.

Awesome, good job! I recently did a similar relocation. I moved from Texas to NY (right on the NJ border). I was happy to escape the heat but a month after being here, it seems to be just as hot as Texas, lol.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks all.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the opportunity!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. And c'mon people, is NJ all that bad? :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, NJ is really that bad!
  • Options
    NJ is bad but listen I been to many other states. There is alot in the state to offer. You have the beach, mountains up north, country, and NYC all within an hour to three hour drive. I really do not think that is all that bad. You also get exposed to alot of different culture.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    NJ is bad but listen I been to many other states. There is alot in the state to offer. You have the beach, mountains up north, country, and NYC all within an hour to three hour drive. I really do not think that is all that bad. You also get exposed to alot of different culture.

Amen to that! I have a hard time finding jobs/internships in upstate New York, then when I applied for jobs in Jersey, it was less frustrating, and I finally got an internship here. Definitely looking forward to move out of this city I live in now. Not gonna be until another 2-3 years later.
  • Options
    Amen to that! I have a hard time finding jobs/internships in upstate New York, then when I applied for jobs in Jersey, it was less frustrating, and I finally got an internship here. Definitely looking forward to move out of this city I live in now. Not gonna be until another 2-3 years later.

Where are you living now? When I get back we should meet up. Do you have alot of expierence with Citrix, Vmware, and Microsoft? Reason I ask is I know the company I am going to work for is looking for another person.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Where are you living now? When I get back we should meet up. Do you have alot of expierence with Citrix, Vmware, and Microsoft? Reason I ask is I know the company I am going to work for is looking for another person.

Awesome. Unfortunately, I'm a supernoob with System Administration stuff, but we can definitely meet someday. I will PM you.