Options

SDM on ccna-s exam??

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hello guys
I am going to try to pass the ccna-s in end of July 2011.
does anyone know if the SDM is still covered?
I am sure this is old news but I have done some reading and just found this out??

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It is. Without getting too detailed, you're definitely gonna wanna be familiar with the interface and know how to answer questions that would require you to find stuff in the SDM.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Most definitely 100% SDM on almost everything! well I have only gone through the first 2 chapters, but so far yes on both chapters.

Search google on how to use SDM on your GNS3 routers, its fairly simple involving a microsoft loopback adapter with an IP address. Anyways i dont want to spoil the fun in researching so have a crack at that. icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    It is icon_sad.gif

(Even though it is EoL nowadays)

Going through the SDM, knowing where the security related items are will be key. Go through Firewall (both CBAC and ZBF), VPN, IPS (and whatever else is in there) wizards, as well as how to change the configured setting without using the wizard.

If you can navigate GUI's fairly quickly I wouldn't worry about it too much, but you will want to know where to look to find what you need.

Good Luck!! End of July sounds like a reasonable amount of time.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Snag this book and do every lab in it. VERY good stuff exam wise

Amazon.com: CCNA Security Lab Manual (9781587132490): Cisco Networking Academy: Books
    -Daniel
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unfortunately it is...

Personally I hate the SDM!!!

But then again, I realize that it isn't really that bad, and I got my junior engineers to play with it in a lab so they can grasp topics better...

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks men appreciate all yur help and I will Danniel get that book sounds great thanks man!