Options

Passed Network +

BlueEyedSamuraiBlueEyedSamurai Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all - Passed the Net + exam on 5/16 with a score of 856. I read Tamara Dean's CompTIA Network+ 2009 In Depth book (Amazon.com: CompTIA Network+ 2009 In Depth (9781598638783): Tamara Dean: Books) and watched Professor Messer's videos (can't beat free!). He does a great job of covering all of the exam objectives. Next up, CCNA. -Samurai
Always studying for something!

Comments

• Options
    MirthMirth Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great score! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats nice job!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    paul1978paul1978 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

Any one that passed the network+ exams what topics would I study more?

Best Regards,
    Paul.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!! icon_thumright.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    MirthMirth Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    paul1978 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any one that passed the network+ exams what topics would I study more?

Best Regards,
    Paul.

I just took it today, and although I'm not allowed to go into detail of particular questions, even if I could it wouldn't help much because it's so varied and not focused on a particular sub-category.

Know your port numbers.
    Know the command line utilities (tracert, ipconfig, netstat, etc) and what they do,
    Know the differences between 10GBASE-SR, 100BASE-TX, etc
    Know wired and wireless speeds and max distances

That's just a little bit of the stuff that you can "memorize" easily. Of course, you have to know your protocols and everything too, and there are sooo many of them that are shown by their acronyms that it may confuse you.
  • Options
    BlueEyedSamuraiBlueEyedSamurai Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all.

Paul - I would absolutely agree with Mirth's advice.
    Mirth wrote: »
    I just took it today, and although I'm not allowed to go into detail of particular questions, even if I could it wouldn't help much because it's so varied and not focused on a particular sub-category.

Know your port numbers.
    Know the command line utilities (tracert, ipconfig, netstat, etc) and what they do,
    Know the differences between 10GBASE-SR, 100BASE-TX, etc
    Know wired and wireless speeds and max distances

That's just a little bit of the stuff that you can "memorize" easily. Of course, you have to know your protocols and everything too, and there are sooo many of them that are shown by their acronyms that it may confuse you.
    Always studying for something!
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I envy you because you score higher than me...

Just kidding fellow webposter. Well done Sir! and BEST on your future endevours.

If I may, and just out of curiosity:
    I noticed on your certifications that you have 640 and 642, why didn't you completed your MCITP:SA?
    I would have thought if you've gone that far in the MS path you'd want to complete the set before jumping to Cisco?