Options

Additional SWITCH study material?

seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
The USPS just dropped off the books I bough through Amazon (CCNP Official Certification Library, and CCNP Quick Reference Guide). From what I've been reading these two materials don't cover the implementation and planning portion of the SWITCH exam well enough. I was hopeing you guys could tell me what else I'm going to need to not be blindsided or be unprepared for this exam. Did you guys just sift through Cisco online Docs?

I've got a 3550 and 2 x 2950G's in my lab.

I'm probably over thinking this, but that's how I aced my CCNA. Over prepare > under prepare.

Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I used the FLG for my exam prep along with a bunch of labs. The FLG covers about 95% of the exam content, and from my understanding the OEG covers about 80% for the SWITCH exam. You may want to review IP SLA, Syslog, SNMP, Netflow, NBAR, and a few other selected topics online @ Cisco.com or check Dave Hucaby's blog where he posted some additional content to supplement the OEG

Dave's Blog:
    Ponder the Network (and other things)

Good Luck!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    Solid, Thanks..
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    FWIW I love the Quick Reference Guides. I use them as part of a "final review" before the exam. The SWITCH version has a lot of great information that you may want to review to help reinforce a few topics before exam time.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11