Sims in CCNA exam?

2»

Comments

• instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    lon21 wrote: »
    Hi,

In CLI when you type a command which is not recognised the device translate to a DNS.

I know we can turn it off via no ip domain-lookup, but when in the exam, if you were to DNS a command how would you exit out of the translations quick without waiting for the timer?

I tired Shift+6, Ctrl+Shift+F6 and Ctrl+Shift+6, no luck.

Thanks

This posting appears to cover this issue:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/81549

Note: With regards to the SIM functionality, no idea, as it is just a SIM, not the real device.

Great question!

I learned something here today!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • lon21lon21 Member Posts: 201
    instant000 wrote: »
    This posting appears to cover this issue:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/81549

Note: With regards to the SIM functionality, no idea, as it is just a SIM, not the real device.

Great question!

I learned something here today!

Hi thanks for the link.

It seems that the link only cover telnet sessions. I know if you use Packet Tracer you can exit out of the translation, but when using a real router/switch the command Ctrl+Shift+6 how ever many times you use it, does not work.

Just thinking, I don't want to be in the exam and wait for 30 sec for DNS to timeout.
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I wonder what happen if someone told an exaggerated lie about what will be on the test here. Is that still consider a violation to NDA? Like for example, someone says that there will be programming questions on exam. You have to show how to write a simple recursive loop.
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd say if you don't feel comfortable with the sims, reschedule.
    The whole point of the cert is demonstrate the "knowledge and skills required to successfully install, operate and troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise branch network"- Plutarch

Of all the labs I've done , the two more annoying ones to set up were testing NACLS and FrameRelay. Mostly because for the NACL lab to seem realistic you should have a couple networks going, and your bouncing around from host to router. FrameRelay, well, the hardest part about that is configuring the cloud in packet tracer.

Give me the task, conditions and standards, then leave me alone to configure stuff :P
    I personally feel more comfortable with the sims than the knowledge based questions.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wonder what happen if someone told an exaggerated lie about what will be on the test here. Is that still consider a violation to NDA? Like for example, someone says that there will be programming questions on exam. You have to show how to write a simple recursive loop.
    Yeah that wouldn't be a violation of the Cisco NDA but it would be really easy for someone to correct that by saying "Yeah, don't know what they're on about but that's not on the test!"

But remember, lies make Jesus cry.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wonder what happen if someone told an exaggerated lie about what will be on the test here. Is that still consider a violation to NDA?
    If you make a statement that basically says "I had a SIM on the exam that had me .... " the moderators will probably treat it as an NDA post and take action -- no matter how outlandish the task topic you post is/was.

And someone who constantly posts wrong answers in the forum to question would probably be banned as a *****.

I did have a SIM that I assume was an ungraded beta once that seemed totally off topic for the exam I was taking. I took my best shot and moved on with the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • SpoonroomSpoonroom Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    j-man wrote: »
    I complain about it because, well.... I don't know... maybe because I want this certification to not be cheapened by cheaters? You tell me why I shouldn't have a problem with someone asking for specifics about Cisco exams.

I know I shouldn't be asking this but I can't resist.

You list a bunch of certs after your name. Why are you trying to get specific information about sims on Cisco exams?

I totally agree, I hate exam cheaters. I sometimes go write an exam, and another guy will write with me and finish in 20 minutes. Obviously they just studied the questions and answers.

Luckily with Cisco it's a little different, you can't just learn questions, because a lot of the work you have to work out subnets etc. or do sims. Even if someone learned ALL the theory, they still won't pass without knowing the work.

But please tell me, what specific information did I try to get, that would help me ****???