Options

What's on your agenda today?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Just seeing what everyone is up to today. I have just finished installing Brosix Corporate Instant Messenger on all the office computers and remotes. Two new laptops have arrived that need to be configured for VP of Accounting and one for regional director. Boss is out of office next two days, so good chance to get some studying in as well, without being bothered.

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Give the company the FTC has sent in everything they want for e-discovery. That's pretty much my agenda until I find a new job. :\
  • Options
    elphrank0elphrank0 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    my last end user office 2010 training is at 1. Then its catch up on tickets and other projects for the day.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Fix Altiris clients and continue removing Symantec Vontu DLP agents (what a piece of shiet this product is). Essentially doing as little as possible as I go on vacation on Thursday to the Outer Banks. Much needed...
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dealing with Check Point user support.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Relocating another department to a separate office. Contating vendors for quotes on adding two Cat5e lines to a future kitchen setup by the pool. Continue working on the Contingency Plan and Disaster Recovery Documents. Read another (hopefully) 50 pages of the CISSP book.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    seeing ... umm "clients", typing warrants on said "clients", and reading the mega guide on 70-642 test on the 29th
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Continue an Exchange 2003 -> 2010 migration, finish configuring a few XenServers and their pool, most likely will have to call Dell about a PC5448 that keeps crashing, finish up a visio in reference to a Sharepoint deployment, monitor a Hyper-V cluster that was relocated and recabled this weekend just to be safe, write up documentation on how to purchase, name, and deploy certificates for Exchange 2007/2010 installations that my coworkers have failed to understand so far, and finally if I have the time prepare for an interview with a prospect the boss found last week. I could use one of those banking holidays.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Continue solving issues with our Presentation 4.5 -> XenApp 6.0 migration.

Work with developers to determine how EMFs are generated from Microsoft SRSS and how we can mitigate future issues due to failures via advanced printing features with multiple print drivers.

Decommission a VMware server and move it to the XenServer pool tonight.

Tons of other support related issues (make AD groups, change memberships, push out our application code, fix developer machines)

Call many of our customers to discuss migrations and other issues.

Trying to fit lunch in now with a meatball sub from Subway.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Recovering from sun burn/sore body after two days at the race track.

Work, answering emails as they come in. Procrastinating on...everything else.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Finalize a stupid Outlook form that I have absolutely zero interest in. Also, study for CCENT.
  • Options
    Mishra wrote: »
    Decommission a VMware server and move it to the XenServer pool tonight.
    Now that's not something you hear about everyday. :)
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Not let the boss man know I'm looking at forums while I'm supposed to be doing other stuff like some GPO deployments and troubleshooting an ESXi host.

Oh yea, it's my 21st bday today so I'm hoping to leave a half hour early to go out and get schwasted with some buddies.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    Now that's not something you hear about everyday. :)

When you calculate the savings then you would see why. :)

Plus we run Citrix on XenServer. What better than to use the hyper visor the developers use.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    QA some of the my techs work. Create a lesson plan and work on a power point presentation. Updated the SOW and Procedure Handbook.
  • Options
    Mishra wrote: »
    When you calculate the savings then you would see why. :)

Plus we run Citrix on XenServer. What better than to use the hyper visor the developers use.

You don't have to tell me. :D After I'm done with VCP, and maybe VCA-DT, I'm diving head first into Citrix. :)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Today I renewed my Green Card and did some shopping, then I'm going to round out the night by reading up on Windows 7 and do some extra-curricular review of calculus in preparation for a class I'm taking in the summer.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My day finished having to put out several fires :/

I get to walk into the smoke tomorrow
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I get to research BGP (yeah!!!) and work on putting our WAF in our DEV environment. I also get to build an FTP server this week, migrate our web server and put up a HA firewall. Oh and at some point, I'll need to drive to our remote site and install wireless. I really need to brush up on my WCNA and CWTS/CWNA studies.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Six hours worth of meetings and conference calls (new project kick off)
    Lunch ('free pass' from the missus today so it probably means a great piri chicken salad box)
    Couple of hours SharePoint2010 prep for my course and exams next week (time permitting)

And a much needed Mountain Bike thrash tonight to help clear the brain
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Documentation, Documentation, and then some more documentation. It'll be one of those days where I pray something breaks in order to save me from the boredom.

On the off-chance I get done with all my documentation, then I get to bang my head against studying multi-cast.

Sometimes it's hard to remember why I quit playing WoW to focus on my career.