Options

IBM Hiring hundreds...

EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
Got an e-mail from CareerBuilder today saying IBM is hiring up to 2,000 people for their new Technology Service Deliver Center in Colombia MO. The actual IBM website says 800... stil a lot of new IT jobs!

IBM Columbia, MO - Integrated Technology Delivery Opportunities

I have no interest in moving to Colombia MO, but figured there may be some people interested here.

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ok am I the only one that saw "firing" instead of hiring in the subject line? lol
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Colombia is a little bit too far and dangerous for most here. On the other hand, Columbia, MO is a nice 100k+ city.
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know a few people that have worked for IBM before and "they will run you into the ground" seems to be a pretty consistent opinion of working there.
    :study:
  • Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    shaqazoolu wrote: »
    I know a few people that have worked for IBM before and "they will run you into the ground" seems to be a pretty consistent opinion of working there.

I have heard the same thing from a few people.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Ok am I the only one that saw "firing" instead of hiring in the subject line? lol
    Hehe a Freudian slip, understandable in today's economy.

Still, that's good news!
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hate to say it but I would never work for IBM directly. They will hire you and a year later when the project fails they will fire you. I have seen it first hand with them. I say a good percentage of their projects tend to fail as well.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I hate to say it but I would never work for IBM directly. They will hire you and a year later when the project fails they will fire you. I have seen it first hand with them. I say a good percentage of their projects tend to fail as well.

I would disagree, and I speak from years of experience
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    I would disagree, and I speak from years of experience

True, it really depends on your experience and the value you bring to the table. I have a friend that has been with IBM forever, and he is not leaving them anytime soon.