Good news and a question

nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
First I wanted to start off by saying I just accepted a position in a NOC with a local service provider. All the hard work has paid off.

Now to the question, I am finishing up my first year at the Cisco Networking Academy, I am averaging mid 80's on the Cisco practice exams, in any graduates experience, how ready am I for the real deal? I plan on testing in 1 week, I have this weekend blocked off for studying.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found the Academy exams to be harder than the actual CCNA exam. The one thing to keep in mind though is that the Academy exams do not have any sims, so be sure you're just as confident with the configuration and troubleshooting as well. If you're as confident with that as well, you'll do fine with a week of review.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Job icon_cheers.gif and Good Luck with the Exam icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Thought I would share, I passed the CCNA on Thursday. Glad it's over, now on to CCNP!
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    nerdydad wrote: »
    Thought I would share, I passed the CCNA on Thursday. Glad it's over, now on to CCNP!

Congrats!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Great job. I'm testing Thursday after about 8 weeks of study. I'm getting 80-90% on practice tests so I'm hoping I'm ready. Gratz on passing and good luck on CCNP.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
    8 weeks of study? I took about 10 months!
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    nerdydad wrote: »
    8 weeks of study? I took about 10 months!

Read this thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/67126-real.html
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    goodjob, it took me to 6-7 months studying hard before taking CCNA
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Well it's going kinda OT but I feel pretty comfortable after only 8 weeks. In the last year I've gotten A+, N+, Security+, 70-680 and a bunch of CIW certs. So it's all fresh in my mind. I'd take more time but really with WGU you pay for your 6 months and need to get done as much as you can in that time. I'd be throwing money away if I took 7 months to pass it, it'd be like me just paying someone for I can study. If I can pass CCNA, CCNA Security, 2 java classes and my 2 finals in 6 months I got my moneys worth.

I've read Tom L book, finished Labsim, and just finished CBT Nuggets. I've skimmed through Odems book also. We'll see how it goes on Thursday.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
    Good luck, I am in the Cisco Networking Academy, so it is fairly structured, I study better in a structured environment.