Options

WGU entry assessment test

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
I've tried to search the answer and look at the WGU threads but they are just so long.

Is there anything that you would suggest studying? How hard was it to you?

Any other information you would like to share would be great.

Comments

• Options
    Raidersfan81Raidersfan81 Member Posts: 124
    I just took it last week. It's pretty basic stuff to be honest.

The math is Pre-Algebra level.

English part is pretty basic as well. Read a paragraph and then it will ask you a simple question about it.
    They had one question where it had like 6 sentences and you had to put them in order on how it would make a paragraph.

The essay part you just write an essay between 200-800 words.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thanks for the info. Where do you take the test?
  • Options
    KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    When you login at mywgu there is an admissions tab with the 4 separate assessments. I took three of them at different times within a few days of each other. They were pretty quick I think it took me 30 minutes total. The essay portion I did about two weeks later which took me about an hour (546 words and I'm over critical of my writing). You can use a word processor to write but will have to use shortcut (Ctrl+V) to paste into the essay window. A few minutes after finishing the essay portion I received the assessment results email.
  • Options
    Ajay_patil22Ajay_patil22 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's been more then 24 Hours since I completed my readiness assessment. All 4 of them. I did not receive any results though. I have sent an email to my EC and waiting for his reply. Any ideas what might be going on?
  • Options
    zidianzidian Member Posts: 132
    You probably passed Ajay. You normally hear back pretty quick if any of the sections failed.
    WGU BS-IT Software | Completed 9/30/2014
  • Options
    Thanks zidian. That makes me feel better. Wish these ECs were a bit faster in responding. I am dying to start 1st August
  • Options
    I passed my Readiness Assessment, which I thought was the last hurdle. Turns out my EC has moved to take up a different job at WGU and I have been assigned a new EC. Lets see what happens next.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's all high school level, not too difficult. The only section I felt rusty on was the math, as it's been almost 15 years since taking math and algebra classes in school. Still, it wasn't much of a challenge even under those circumstances.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    ImThe0neImThe0ne Member Posts: 143
    Pretty sure if you have certain certifications they will let you skip the intro altogether.

I started it and did the Language test and the admissions inventory and my EC told me I didn't have to do that because of my Cisco certs. If you have IT certs, I would speak with EC before killing yourself over the intro exams, you might not have to take them at all.

EDIT: Just realized this is super old...Way to bump a 4 yr thread lol
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ImThe0ne wrote: »
    EDIT: Just realized this is super old...Way to bump a 4 yr thread lol

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif Damnit, they got me! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)