How many sims to expect on the CCENT?

mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
Approximately how many Simulations should you expect to do on the CCENT? and the rest of them will be multiple choice?

Not sure if this is under the NDA but any info would be appreciated. I am starting to prepare for my exam that will be next week!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Answering would violate the NDA

Another recent thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/66852-sims-ccna-exam.html
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Answering would violate the NDA

Ok, whatever you guys can tell me along with tips and tricks would be great. I have been reading that time management is key. I am going into this very confident that I know the material and not at all stressed, just eager.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you know how to configure everything without a lot of problems then you should be fine.

If you know what is supposed to happen and where, then you should be fine.

If you know the outputs of commands then you should be fine.

If you have not spent a lot of time on something you "think" you know then usually those types of questions will come and get you on the test. Usually like the cookie monster after a cookie.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The more quality lab time you put in during your studies, the easier the SIMs will be.

When it comes to SIMs, any of the topics listed in the exam blueprint with action words like configure, troubleshoot, verify, implement, etc. are fair game.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
    What kinds of subnetting questions could you see on the exam?
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Am I right in restating that you said you just started preparing and you have the test next week? If that's so you sound like you need to reschedule. If you study the material, practice subnetting until you can do it in your sleep, and lab every technology until you fully understand them then you'll be just fine.

Take a look at the blueprint and break down each section and study it until you feel comfortable to move to the next section. Worrying about the types of questions is just going to make you crazy. Get solid in the fundamentals and you'll be just fine. Rushing a certification is going to leave you feeling miserable and out some cash. Do it right the first time.