EC- Council certs questions..

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
EC: certified security analyst....would you compared that to OSCP? I was reading about it and it's suppose to add on to the CEH. I always felt like OSCP was something you would take after CEH...am I correct?

Has anyone took the VoIP Professional cert from EC- Council? It looks pretty interesting....most of the certs they offer look pretty good. Why dont they get more love from the IT world?

Comments

• xzierxzier Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    EC: certified security analyst....would you compared that to OSCP? I was reading about it and it's suppose to add on to the CEH. I always felt like OSCP was something you would take after CEH...am I correct?

As per my understanding, the course provided by the infosec is the right path from beginner to expert level. but again its depending on how need it. If you need to skip those step, well for also no problem.
  • qdog007qdog007 Banned Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the OSCP, but I have an idea what it entails. That said, the OSCP should be more difficult. You can obtain CEH certification by reading the right books. The OSCP is more hands-on; you will have to get your hands dirty with this. For example, you will probably need to get familiarize with BackTrack and the various tools that comes with it. Taking the OSCP after the CEH seems more logical. Again, I haven't taken the OSCP...just the CEH. Once I have taken the OSCP, I can give a better comparison.