Options

anyone plan to fail 70-XXX test?

theitprotheitpro Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I bought the MS voucher pack with second shot and they say you have to schedule and take your first exam by June 30,2011. I have not had enough time to study.

Comments

• Options
    Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• Options
    Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently cramming for 298. I usually allow myself 6-8 weeks of study for MS tests. This sucker gets 4 weeks. If I don't pass, so what. I'll get a sneak peak of the main event.
  • Options
    it looks like it got deleted
  • Options
    Kr0ssKr0ss Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    theitpro wrote: »
    I bought the MS voucher pack with second shot and they say you have to schedule and take your first exam by June 30,2011. I have not had enough time to study.

You must have bought a Educational Voucher pack. They expire at the end of this month. The 70 series exam vouchers dont.

Are you exams 70-xxx or 72-xxx?
  • Options
    nope you got it wrong. Its the 70-xxx pack and they said you have to schedule and take an exam by June 30, 2011. Can take the rest until they expire.
  • Options
    Oh it's way more complex than that...

If you bought a voucher pack before January 1st, you have until June 30th to take all of your tests AND your retakes or your vouchers expire.

If you bought them after January 1st, you have until June 30th to take your first test and until December 31 to take your retake. After June 30th, any remaining vouchers are single shot until they expire on December 31.

Happy gambling!
  • Options
    Shadly1 wrote: »
    Oh it's way more complex than that...

If you bought a voucher pack before January 1st, you have until June 30th to take all of your tests AND your retakes or your vouchers expire.

If you bought them after January 1st, you have until June 30th to take your first test and until December 31 to take your retake. After June 30th, any remaining vouchers are single shot until they expire on December 31.

Happy gambling!

Got a link for that?
  • Options
    Got a link for that?

Discounts on Certification Exams l Microsoft Product Training Offers l Classroom Training Offer

• If you received an Exam Pack voucher code before January 1, 2011, you have until June 30, 2011 to schedule and take all your exams (including free retakes). No refunds will be provided for expired vouchers.
    • If you obtain an Exam Pack voucher code on or after January 1, 2011, you have until June 30, 2011, to schedule and take your first exam. The remaining exams in any purchased Certification Pack must be taken by December 31, 2011.
    You can only register for one exam at a time, and you cannot register for a second exam until you have taken the previous one.
  • Options
    I see it ask taking your first exam, any exam. But I'll try to get clarification about this.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't say I'm planning to fail, but I'm not as prepared as I would like to be. I've read the book, watching the videos now, will be doing transcender this weekend. Ideally I'd like another week or so to lab it up and review, but time doesn't permit for that.

If I do fail, I wouldn't be too upset. Spend a few more days preparing and use the second shot.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    From MS rep:

Jeffrey: Let me clarify further, if you buy the 5 exam pack now, you are required to take your first exam by June 30, 2011
    Jeffrey: The rest of the 4 exams and free retakes can be taken until the end of this year
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wonder if they are going to have a second shot promotion with the new pricing after June 30.
  • Options
    From the FAQs on the exam pack page...
    Q. Do I have to schedule and sit for all exams by June 30, 2011?

A. Yes, you have to obtain the vouchers and sit for exams by June 30, 2011.
    Note This offer is valid while supplies last. We recommend that you schedule your exam as soon as possible.

This is confusing...
  • Options
    Also from the FAQs...
    Q. Are there any additional terms and conditions?

A. Yes:
    • One voucher code can be applied toward all the exams in the certification pack, delivered at an authorized Prometric testing center.
    • Vouchers are program-specific and, in some cases, exam-specific. Please ensure that you redeem the voucher for the correct exam.
    • Expired, stolen, or lost vouchers will not be replaced.
    • Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, and they cannot be combined with any other offer.
    • Vouchers are nontransferable and are void if altered in any way.
    • This offer applies to select Microsoft Certification exams; namely, exams that have a 70 prefix and Microsoft Dynamics exams.
    • You must register, obtain a voucher code, schedule, pay, take your exams, and (if necessary) sit for the retake exams by June 30, 2011.
    • All retake timeframes are subject to compliance with the Microsoft Certification Exam Retake rules
  • Options
    that's for this group:

If you received an Exam Pack voucher code before January 1, 2011, you have until June 30, 2011 to schedule and take all your exams (including free retakes). No refunds will be provided for expired vouchers.
  • Options
    So they updated the offer but did not update the FAQs or at least add an addendum to them...

How un-Microsoft of them.
  • Options
    Alright, here is the deal. If you bought your exam pack prior to January 1, 2011 it expires in a couple weeks. (I bought mine last year)

If you bought it in 2011, it will not expire in June.

If you haven't bought one yet, buy one now. As of July, prices of exams go up. If you buy the pack now, you have until the end of the year and not only save because of the inflated prices, but also save because of the exam pack discount.

Any questions?
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Alright, here is the deal. If you bought your exam pack prior to January 1, 2011 it expires in a couple weeks. (I bought mine last year)

If you bought it in 2011, it will not expire in June.

If you haven't bought one yet, buy one now. As of July, prices of exams go up. If you buy the pack now, you have until the end of the year and not only save because of the inflated prices, but also save because of the exam pack discount.

Any questions?
    Yeah, why is June even mentioned then for people that bought their packs in 2011 if absolutely nothing happens in June for those people?
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Shadly1 wrote: »
    Yeah, why is June even mentioned then for people that bought their packs in 2011 if absolutely nothing happens in June for those people?
    If you bought them in 2011 then you at least have to take 1 of the exam pack exams before June 30th. You then have the rest of the year to finish the exam pack, with second shot exams if necessary.
  • Options
    mberdmberd Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    If you bought them in 2011 then you at least have to take 1 of the exam pack exams before June 30th. You then have the rest of the year to finish the exam pack, with second shot exams if necessary.

Ok, I take 1 of the exam from pack before June 30th but what if I fail? I can use second shot of first exam after 30th June or not and my cert packs will expired? In another way, I have to pass my 1 exam or only take it before 30th June?
  • Options
    it says you just need to take it by june 30, 2011, whether pass or fail. then you can second shot the first exam if you fail.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah it just says 'take it by June 30th'. I failed the first exam in my 5 pack and need to take the second shot, so I could be kicking myself in a few weeks time but I don't think they would be that evil. It doesn't say 'pass by June 30th'
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□

Well, not exactly fail but let's just say I'm taking a practice swing at 70-294 on the 28th. I might get lucky!! :D
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    Yea I heard 294 and 293 were the hardest? And GL!
  • Options
    Think I could buy a pack, schedule a test, and then never show up?
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bought an exam pack last week, and already took my first exam. I didnt study for it at all, and got a 640. I plan on re-taking the exam next week and passing this time :)

I took 70-640
  • Options
    I bought a second shot voucher and condensed my study from my typical 8 weeks down to 3 weeks so I could get in on that second shot deadline. I passed with a great score somehow.

I guess I failed at testing the water... icon_lol.gif