Options

Passed 70-642, now on to 643 or 647.

Wooohoo! 760, Not the best, but I'll gladly take any pass.

I thought I would get hit much harder on subnetting, like I did on the Server 2003 equivalent of this exam.

I hear 643 is a beast, I guess that's next.

Drew

Comments

• Options
    Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats! You should def do the 643 before the 647. As with most of the exams, you should lab a lot. I'm hoping to do the 643 after the 646. I have already read some of the 643 book. I plan on setting up a virtual lab to complete all the exercises in the book. It's the best way to learn unless you have a real lab or can use servers at work.

Also, the MS Press book isn't updated with R2 material. Make sure you learn the R2 material because there are many changes. I read the R2 update book, which is a free book from Microsoft. It covered many of the changes, specifically IIS 7.5.

Good luck!
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    The 70-643 MS press book seems to have a decent lab setup in the beginning, I am hoping that the labs in this one are more challenging and longer than 70-642.

R2 Update book? Is that a PDF or a real physical book? Does it cover all of the tests or just 70-643?

Thanks !!!

Drew
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    A ha, I bet you meant the one on this page:

Windows Server 2008 Training and Learning Courses | Training Portal

I will take a look!

Drew
  • Options
    drew2000 wrote: »
    A ha, I bet you meant the one on this page:

Windows Server 2008 Training and Learning Courses | Training Portal

I will take a look!

Drew

Yes. It's a PDF. If you cannot download it, let me know and I'll email it to you.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'll chime in too. The 643 is not the beast, it just pretends to be one. The real beast is the 647. The sheer amount of info you need to remember is quite overwhelming.

For the 643, just lab the crap out of Remote Desktop Services, IIS and NAP. I'll be borderline contravening the NDA by saying this, absolutely know how to do RDS and IIS using GPO. If you can do something with GPO, KNOW it. It's not a difficult exam.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    I'll chime in too. The 643 is not the beast, it just pretends to be one. The real beast is the 647. The sheer amount of info you need to remember is quite overwhelming.

For the 643, just lab the crap out of Remote Desktop Services, IIS and NAP. I'll be borderline contravening the NDA by saying this, absolutely know how to do RDS and IIS using GPO. If you can do something with GPO, KNOW it. It's not a difficult exam.

Sir, I thank you!!!

I know RDS well but IIS and NAP are weaker subjects. I'll keep your post in mind while I'm doing my lab work.