Frame Relay question

VinUnleadedVinUnleaded Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
1. Can anyone point me to a good Frame Relay lab for Packet Tracer? I tried doing a GNS3 one as guided by subnet192.com lab but my computer got way too slow and its a freaking 6x cores AMD computer with 16GB of RAM

2. I've worked on several lab where I have to set up the DLCI values in the 'cloud'. In real life, DLCI should be assigned to me by my ISP is that correct?

3. A problem I have with all these labs is that they all have different method. In CBTNUGGETS, Jeremy uses the frame-relay map ip ip address DLCI# broadcast command. While Tod Lammle and others do not use it.

Comments

• jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    1. Can anyone point me to a good Frame Relay lab for Packet Tracer? I tried doing a GNS3 one as guided by subnet192.com lab but my computer got way too slow and its a freaking 6x cores AMD computer with 16GB of RAM

2. I've worked on several lab where I have to set up the DLCI values in the 'cloud'. In real life, DLCI should be assigned to me by my ISP is that correct?

3. A problem I have with all these labs is that they all have different method. In CBTNUGGETS, Jeremy uses the frame-relay map ip ip address DLCI# broadcast command. While Tod Lammle and others do not use it.

1. I may be able to help you there. I have one lab.

2. Yes, your service provider gives you the DLCI.

3. There are two ways of doing it. The way that you mention that Jeremy uses, which is also mentioned in the Cisco Press book by Wendell Odom and the way that Todd Lammle does it, frame-relay interface-dlci dlci. This second way is also mentioned in the Odom book. Lammle does not cover the first method whereas Odom covers both.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For GNS3, you have to set the "IDLE Value" for your routers. Otherwise, your machine will slow to a crawl. I have freakin AMD Turion with 1gb of RAM. This thing can handle 5 routers running IOS. To change it, right click the router and select "IDLE Value" or something like that. Then pick one of the values denoted with "*".
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You would use "frame-relay map ip ip address DLCI" when inverse arp is disabled.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens