Options

Interview Earlier

This afternoon, I had a technical interview for a Network Control Technician position with Harris IT. I think the interview went very well. They asked me a ton of CCNA related questions and I did very well. They said that they still had others to interview, but I think I did well enough to get the position. I hope I hear from them soon. :)

Comments

• Options
    nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
  • Options
    jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    Had a second interview with the actual Lead Site Engineer for the location where I would be working at if hired. He seemed very impressed with me and mentioned that there was a lot of good things being said about me. Things are looking better by the minute. :)
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    good luck and hopefully i can welcome you to the harris family soon.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Good luck, making it to that 2nd round of interviews is always a good sign!
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck on your interview! I wish alien.gif <---this was a clover for you, but close enough. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sounds promising. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Well, I just got word today that I have gotten the position. :)
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Well, I just got word today that I have gotten the position. :)

Congrats!
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    congrats!

can you post your responsibilities?
  • Options
    Network Control Technician

• This position is responsible for partnering with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and Harris Information Technology Services team members to assist in the installation, maintenance, operation, and replacement of large Base and Local Area networks in support of assigned contracts.
    • Under supervision and direction you will support the base team efforts that insure the site BAN/LAN network and network management environment is and remains reliable with performance exceeding the contract service levels.
    • Assist in supporting maintenance of network performance exceeding the contract Service Level Agreements.
    • Train in the implementation and maintenance of network devices including mounting, configuration loading, troubleshooting, support, and routine maintenance as directed by site management.
    • Support and adhere to established policy and procedures governing work methods and performance.
    • Participate with other site engineering and technician staff in all areas of work assignments, on-call duty support, and matrix resource sharing with other locations as required.
    • Observe and report site network performance and capacity issues to the Lead Engineer.
    • Closely coordinate activities with the servicing Network Operation Centers (NOCs).
    • Support site network documentation through use of established best practices, forms, and processes.
    • Continue to maintain and expand your technical knowledge and certifications in Cisco equipment. On the job mentoring and hands-on training will assist this effort.
    • Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the hardware and software deployed in the network including architecture and designs elements.
    • Perform other duties as directed.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403

• This position is responsible for partnering with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and Harris Information Technology Services team members to assist in the installation, maintenance, operation, and replacement of large Base and Local Area networks in support of assigned contracts.
    • Under supervision and direction you will support the base team efforts that insure the site BAN/LAN network and network management environment is and remains reliable with performance exceeding the contract service levels.
    • Assist in supporting maintenance of network performance exceeding the contract Service Level Agreements.
    • Train in the implementation and maintenance of network devices including mounting, configuration loading, troubleshooting, support, and routine maintenance as directed by site management.
    • Support and adhere to established policy and procedures governing work methods and performance.
    • Participate with other site engineering and technician staff in all areas of work assignments, on-call duty support, and matrix resource sharing with other locations as required.
    • Observe and report site network performance and capacity issues to the Lead Engineer.
    • Closely coordinate activities with the servicing Network Operation Centers (NOCs).
    • Support site network documentation through use of established best practices, forms, and processes.
    • Continue to maintain and expand your technical knowledge and certifications in Cisco equipment. On the job mentoring and hands-on training will assist this effort.
    • Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the hardware and software deployed in the network including architecture and designs elements.
    • Perform other duties as directed.
    Sounds good. welcome to NOC. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Looks great - congrats on landing this position! And good luck with the job.

P.S. This is particularly nice:
    ;)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Sounds like a great job, congrats!
  • Options
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Sounds good. welcome to NOC. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks. It's great to finally make it to this point.
  • Options
    Well, everything seems to be looking to be in order. I can't wait to start!!! :D