Options

Changing the career focus, does it worth it?

rgxrgx Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, here's the story: I've started to work in IT at around 2000 and for the first 3 years worked in a mixed linux and windows environment, but primarily focussing on linux, then I've got a job in a purely MS shop and until recently kept focussing on windows administration, now I'm working in a mixed environment again, mostly on windows systems and vsphere and assisting to linux admin and I feel that I like *nix much more than windows. So, the question is - does it make sense to shift the focus back to linux or just stick to more familiar territory, even if I'm sick of it? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    rgx wrote: »
    shift the focus back to linux or just stick to more familiar territory, even if I'm sick of it? Any suggestions?
    If you have a choice, focus on what you prefer to do. I won't even mention that Linux admin skill is a much hotter asset comparing to Windows.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs