Options

Exam Ready-ness

Jimmy22Jimmy22 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I am thinking of taking me 70-640 next month, i am watched all the CBT nuggets videos and now watching the train signal vidoes filling in the gaps.

I have got both the MSPress and Sybex book but cannot seem to get in reading them i find the videos easier.

I also am using the measureup Exams on my iphone on the way back and forth on the train is there anything else i am missing or could do.

Cheers James

Comments

• Options
    Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The videos are easier... which is why you need the books. I found that out the hard way. Find a series you like and roll with it. For me, it's the Self-Paced Training Kits. Those books are super long but they give enough new knowledge to keep me interested and the format can be consumed in bite-sized chunks. I usually do a chapter a day at a casual pace. I'm cramming now so I'm doing 2 chapters a day. At that rate, my current book will take 7 days. That's not a whole lot of inconvenience to pass a test.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Use the books!
    I tried using Trainsignal videos and they just don't cover the material in near the depth of the MS Press books.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    Read the book(s). I know they are dull and boring, but read them. An Idea I've been trying, is pick up the book, and look at the chapters, find a chapter that either you have no clue about or looks very interesting. Read it. Then do it again.
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Shadly1 wrote: »
    The videos are I usually do a chapter a day at a casual pace. I'm cramming now so I'm doing 2 chapters a day. At that rate, my current book will take 7 days. That's not a whole lot of inconvenience to pass a test.

Thats how I do it too. :) I also make notes/examcram on the second read.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    Jimmy22Jimmy22 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys

Will start with the MS Press books then hopefully get time to read the Sybex book or maybe the other way round.

Cheers James