Options

Test Preparation

saif_ulsaif_ul Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've just started to prepare for A+ test and planing to take the test 2 months from now on.

Plz anyone here let me know will it be enough time based on ...
    I've very small experience on hardware (not even deep) I'm studying only 2 hours every nite Studying "All in one A+ cert book" .. learnt from this forum

Besides, I've downloaded handful of free practice exams from different sources to sit on my last 10/15 days before exam.

I'll appreciate your input to help me out!

Comments

• Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    First off, take a look at CompTIA's objective for the certification you're taking. That will give you an idea of what to study. Second, you're already on the right track by studying Myers' AIO. Third, if you're truly dedicating some time to your studies and are understanding the material, you should be ok when the test date arrives. If you don't feel comfortable with the material, you can always reschedule. That's what I did. Anyway, good luck with your studies, you're on the right track.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Agreed. Check the objectives, make sure you fully understand each, and what you're expected to know. Mike Myers AIO is a good book. Although, if there were any way to get some hardware experience, it would help a lot, but it's not required. I passed using the AIO, and lots of studying.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    Ehmm..I want to know which Mike Myers AIo Books...any pic...i am try to look for book for this course
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    The Mike Myers All-In-One guide is the one you want. You can get more info, here.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    saif_ul wrote:
    I've just started to prepare for A+ test and planing to take the test 2 months from now on.

Plz anyone here let me know will it be enough time based on ...

Besides, I've downloaded handful of free practice exams from different sources to sit on my last 10/15 days before exam.

I'll appreciate your input to help me out!

The best suggestion of reviewing the objectives has already been mentioned.

Why rush the test, would be my question? If you have limited experience, take your time and gain more experience so that your certificate reflects the actual knowledge you have gained.

Meyers book is a very good reference as we all here can help clarify any specific questions you may have.

Take your time!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?