Options

Problems WithTrainSignal Lab 70-680

mileage1969mileage1969 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone successfully set up TrainSignals lab for 70-680? I'm finding the details a little bit vague as you're only given a basic network diagram and some server roles don't seem to be listed. The set up is rather more involved than previous TrainSignal set ups that I've done (70-640,70-647) and involve the use of virtual routers.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Save Water - Drink BEER!

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Has anyone successfully set up TrainSignals lab for 70-680? I'm finding the details a little bit vague as you're only given a basic network diagram and some server roles don't seem to be listed. The set up is rather more involved than previous TrainSignal set ups that I've done (70-640,70-647) and involve the use of virtual routers.
    Any help would be gratefully received.

I have this video series, but I’m only on video #4.
    Have you used the course Resources PDF at all?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    Yes, I've looked at the resources but unfortunately they don't cover the lab set up. I've set up the lab on VMWare from the details on the "Lab Set Up" section, but details are obviously left out as later in the series clients are attached to DNS servers that are on a network that he already told us has no servers on it. I'm a bit confused.
    Save Water - Drink BEER!
  • Options
    TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where are you getting stuck at? I'll see if I can get you an answer.
  • Options
    The network diagram in the Lab Setup (Chapter 2) seems to leave out information to do with server roles, and also later in the course he fills in network details for a DNS server on a network that he previous stated has no servers on it and which aren't listed on the network diagram. On top of that I'm also having trouble connecting my virtual routers to my home network as I've got no options to set routing protocols on my wireless router.
    Save Water - Drink BEER!