Network Essentials Related To Network + ?

my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
Is network essentials books related to network +?
These are the books that the centre give me for Network +.
It comes in Level One ,Two And three..and most of the info in this book,,is out of date..This book is published in the year 1996..is it a good book to study or should i get new book( icon_sad.gif so expensive)...

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ok, so your center is giving out the wrong books, with out a doubt. Networking essentials WAS an older exam from M$, which is now retired. I suppose you could learn from that material, but it is not geared specifically towards Net+. You could probably learn more from the $6.95 Technotes. I would also question why they're giving out old out of date material. That doesn't say much about them.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • SagSag Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Although network essentials is older, i found it to be much more in depth than the net+ exam. I started my studying with net essentials and found it easier to relate to the net+ material once I got started. The technotes on the site are excellent. If you are looking for a good book, Network + All-in-one by Mike Myers was also very good and covers 2005 objectives. icon_cool.gif
  • my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    That is why I get very scared about my exam..the old books are scarying me ...i will try to get a new book...and then into N+ tech notes..
    i didn't really know why...they said the books are good enough to study,not to mention other books they give which is PC Hardware,Dos,Nertwork Essentials( level 1,2,3) and Win98..

The truth is that I enrol into this A+ course and they give me the books that i have mention above..and it is a photocopy of a book which i myself don't know who the author is or anything about ithe brand of the book..weird isn't!Do you think i should question them about the books they handed out?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    What school are you going to?? I want to make sure I never think of going there. You shouldbe rceiving brand new text books, that cover the current objectives for which ever exam you're on. I would ask a lot of questions. Remember, you're paying them, so they can't exactly kick you out for wanting the correct material.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IF you are paying them good money they need to provide you with good materials. Local Vo-tech schools, Colleges I trust. Places like New Horizions,Chubss and Cisitione I am a-little more untrusting of.

It's just me but before I place money down I research the place or thing I am going to do. I can't tell you how many posts people have seen made about a particular school or product.

Anyway my two cents
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
    dont worryy..it is in asia..