Options

Ordered myself a Windows Phone...

hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
HTC Trophy. Here it is: Amazon.com: HTC Trophy Windows Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

I was wondering if anyone else here has one and how they like it. It got great reviews on Amazon. I only worry what the interface will be like (if it's fairly intuitive and easy to navigate). I only paid about $50 with a 2-year renewal of my plan. It's also my first smart phone; my one one is a real POS. :D

Also, does anyone have any experience with using Exchange Active Sync with their phone? Was it much of a PITA to get set up?

Comments

• Options
    No one else then. I guess I am a brave soul getting a phone that runs on Windoze. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hex_omega wrote: »
    No one else then. I guess I am a brave soul getting a phone that runs on Windoze. icon_lol.gif

Well, with an outlook on Windows (Windoze) like that, I'm not sure if a Windows Phone 7 was exactly the best choice for you! :) I have the same phone on the way, myself. I'm using an Android phone now, and my wife has an iPhone. I've always been a Windows fan, but Windows Mobile 6.0-6.5 just weren't that great as a phone OS (I loved it on my Dell Axim, though). I've been waiting very patiently for Verizon to finally sell the WP7 devices, and I can't wait to get mine.

If you like Microsoft, I've heard that the WP7 is actually a very easy to use device and some say it is better than the iOS and Android. I love my Android, so we'll see. :)
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    if I wasn't so in love with Blackberry, I would have gotten the HTC Arrive, a WP7 on Sprint. I stuck with Blackberry, but I'd love to see some hands on reviews for a Windows phone, not from an official source..

can't wait to hear what you guys think
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    I think MS got it right this time, just by reading the reviews. Everyone thinks the OS is snappy and responsive. And that it's so quick and easy to navigate and get done what you need to get done.

Another thing: it comes with Office pre-installed. Major plus for me as I wanted something that would have some sort of business use to it as well.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hex_omega wrote: »
    Another thing: it comes with Office pre-installed. Major plus for me as I wanted something that would have some sort of business use to it as well.

Not sure if you'd know the answer to this, but does it integrate with Dropbox or Skydrive? I'd like to be able to have my Office docs available anywhere, and be able to make changes and have them effective everywhere.

Also, any Wordpress plugins that you know of? I'd like to be able to update the ol' website without a PC.
  • Options
    From what I've read, SKydrive will be supported this coming fall with the Mango update(which will be free). Can't say about Wordpress though.