Options

advice on R2

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey everyone I just finished reading the Sybex Windows Server 2008 R2 the one that has the 70-640,70-642,70,643 combined into one book.

Now Im going to start doing the lab exercises as I was reading the book there is alot of same lab exercises that are found in the normal sybex MCTS books for each indivual exam,My question is for the people that have bought this book would you again do all the labs starting from chapter 2 e.g installing DNS etc or just do the lab exercises that are new in Server 2008 R2 Like:

Remote Desktop Services

Print and Document Services etc.

I really appreciate everyones input

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    While I haven't read any of the Sybex books, but I don't think there's any harm in doing the labs again, more the practice, the better it is. It would drum the facts in I guess.

What exam are you taking next, if you don't mind me asking? Or is this some casual reading and labbing you are doing?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    hey essendon thanks for the reply.

nah there isnt any exams im taking im just trying to update my skills that are new in R2 I already have my MCITP:EA
  • Options
    jerry7jerry7 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sina2011,

How would you rate the sybex book? I realized that MS Press book for those exams are divided into three book. Since this book covers all three exams. are the information sufficent enough for the exam as well as knowledge wise in the real industry?

Thanks for your input!!

JL
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Im with essendon on this one. If your trying to 'up' your skills, theres no harm redoing stuff you already know even if it does cost you a few hrs.
  • Options
    hey guys

Thanks for the replies.

@Jerry well I found changes from chapter 17 on wards new stuff but from chapter 17 till the end there is still a little abit of overlap but not alot compared from chapters 1-17

your question about if this sufficient to pass the exams umm to be honest in my opnion no not really what I used for study resources to get my MCITP:EA were the following:

CBT NUGGETS(Enterprise Pack)
    Trainsignal(Enterprise Pack)
    Did the labs in the books over and over again till it got drilled in my head

Hope that helps you.

and sorry for the late reply.
  • Options
    hey pzero

Yeah I might as well do it.

Thanks.