Passed the CCENT on first try.

ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
Well off of a whim I took the CCENT without doing much studying. I am taking the CCNA and CCNA: Security track for WGU and wanted to see where I stood on my path. Being a Support Engineer for SonicWALL I am not new to networking just fresh at Cisco.

I have done some toying with my lab setup at home but didn't do much diving into the books. WGU pays for two tries so I figured to go and take it and if I failed I would know my weeknesses.

To my surprise I walked out with a score of 887. While not the best I am pretty proud for the lack of effort put into it. I have my ICND2 scheduled for 4 weeks and this one I am going to put more effort into the books and material.

I have the CBT Nuggets and the Lammle Fast Pass book. Any experience with this book? Any suggestions for a Cisco noob? :)
Working on currently:
Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ajmatson wrote: »
    Being a Support Engineer for SonicWALL I am not new to networking just fresh at Cisco.

Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif

For Sonicwall do you do phone support? If so i've probably talked to you at some point. icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif

For Sonicwall do you do phone support? If so i've probably talked to you at some point. icon_lol.gif

TY Everyone. Actually I do. I support the Level 2 UTM, GMS and Secure Remote Access products :)
    Working on currently:
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ajmatson wrote: »
    TY Everyone. Actually I do. I support the Level 2 UTM, GMS and Secure Remote Access products :)

I've spoken to you guys a few times then, have had to deal with GMS issues from time to time. You guys always get the job done. The boss is supposed to be getting us certified eventually, gotta love that partner line. icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Gotta love that feeling!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    TY Everyone, I am stoked and ready for ICND2 :)
    Working on currently:
  • seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    ~ Sean
  • Netadmin320Netadmin320 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats keep it going!