Options

WGU question

PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've seen people transfer college credits and not have to take certain CIW certifications at WGU, has anyone had college credits make it so they don't need the windows 7 cert?
A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
A+, Network+, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Priston wrote: »
    I've seen people transfer college credits and not have to take certain CIW certifications at WGU, has anyone had college credits make it so they don't need the windows 7 cert?

Looks like I am one of those people you may be talking about. I'm expecting to enroll in the IT:Security program in July. I got about 70% of my transcript transferred, and they transferred the web development courses I took at my previous school. So, didn't have to take the CIW exams. I also didn't have to take the ABV1, which covers Microsoft's 70-680 exam. I realized I should take the class anyways since I don't have any Microsoft cert to begin with, and I would like to take the test on their dimes. They transferred it, because I was familiar with the XP operating system. The only courses left I have to take are the last programming assessment, project management & leadership courses, and the final writing projects. I should include ICND2 and CCNA Security as well, but I will finish my CCNA by the end of the summer. I plan to do the Security stuff right after the ICND2.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    ive heard of server+ taking the spot of it

how ever ya may wanna check with admissions first before ya sepnd cash on an other wise useless cert
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: