Options

Passed 70-270 on Friday!

rphannrphann Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm so glad that i passed the 70-270 exam this Friday. I put a lot of time studying and preparing for this exam and it sure paid off. Although my score wasn't that great, but I PASSED (752)! :D Any suggestion whether I should take 70-290, 70-291, 70-271, 70-272 or the electives (A+ & Network+) first? I'm seeking for MCSA & MCDST. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You can check it out here. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

The MCDST cert counts as an elective, so you don't need the A+/Network+ combo. Then just do the 2 server core exams, and you'll have what you want.

Best of luck, and congrats on passing the 70-270!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Congratz.

Can you give us a review on wich materials you used ( books & practice exams ) and what objectives where most on the exam.
  • Options
    I used Microsoft Training Kit, Technotes off this website, a lot of practice exams off this website, and www.mcmcse.com. I got a lot of questions regarding NTFS, Permissions, Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, and little about RIS. There's probably more, but i don't remember it all. None the less, it would be wise if you study all the objectives because your test might cover something else.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Thanks for the good advice and congrats on passing the exam!
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congrat on your passing the 20-270, its a great job!
    However, i will advise you to go for any of the other Microsoft product to achieve your desire for MCSA/MCDST instead of the Comtia A+/Net+ combo that is astronomically expenses compare to MIcrosoft tracks. I wish you the best.
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip princess4peace. I'll keep that in mind. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mswiechmswiech Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, and be kewl and stay in school icon_lol.gif
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius (c.551-c.479 BC)